Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My neighbor uses printers for various things and has one that uses a second head to lay carbon fiber into the mix. Seems pretty tough from playing with it. Should be receiving a metal printer soon. It uses wax encapsulated particles that when fused are reported to be over 90% of the strength of 4140 bar stock. I am interested in testing that one out.

I am sure the printing technology will continue
    to progress rapidly, but if the printed lowers
    only lasted a few mags, that could be bad enough
    in the wrong hands at a bad active shooter situation
    with no paper work for a felon to fill out.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

From our POV, whether the active shooter has a poly 3d gun or not is irrelevant. I do think it will further segregate the gun market as the cheap charlies and the snake flaggers will gravitate to these homemade wonders.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    From our POV, whether the active shooter has a poly 3d gun or not is irrelevant. I do think it will further segregate the gun market as the cheap charlies and the snake flaggers will gravitate to these homemade wonders.
    Tinfoil Tony’s, I just made it up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    My neighbor uses printers for various things and has one that uses a second head to lay carbon fiber into the mix. Seems pretty tough from playing with it. Should be receiving a metal printer soon. It uses wax encapsulated particles that when fused are reported to be over 90% of the strength of 4140 bar stock. I am interested in testing that one out.
    Sound like some sort of heat curing process. I wonder if dimensions change during the process?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez