Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not the link I was talking about, but here is one on the same subject from the smithsonian:

https://insider.si.edu/2012/03/ice-a...north-america/

One other Cherokee bloodline issue is that many Cherokee did not start out as Cherokee...like many tribes they used raids and captives to bolster their populations after people were lost in battle or to disease. If brother Running Bear met a glorious death in battle or if Little Duck succumbed to small pox then the tribe would raid another tribe and replace them with a new little sister or little brother for those families. That was common. In fact the Cherokee were slave traders as a side job. Capturing Indians from other tribes and selling them in Charlestown (Chrleston pre revolution) was a pretty lucrative business in the early to mid 1700s. Many a North American Indian died in horrible conditions on plantations in the Caribbean after being sold into slavery by other Indians. So if they didn't keep you to replace lost members you got sold into slavery.

In fact, Chief Atakullakulla was a Nipissing captured as a child and assimilated into the Cherokee whose wife Nionne Ollie was a Natchez who had been also been captured and assimilated into the Cherokee. Their son Dragging Canoe was a prominent warrior and the "head man" of Big Island town. He broke off from the main tribe with about 1/4 of the tribe and moved to the Chattanooga area on Chickamauga Creek when the elders and his father wanted peace with the Americans but he wanted to fight the Americans and preserve the Cherokee land....."You have bought a fair land but you will find its settlement dark and bloody". He and his group became known as the Chickamauga Cherokee. He allied with the British and fought on their side in the Revolution by leading guerrilla attacks all over the SW frontier (TN/GA/AL/KY)factoring prominently in the British defense of Augusta Ga.

All of this to say that we see there where even a chief , his wife and their son a prominent war chief in his own right didn't share a drop of "Cherokee" blood between them.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 07-11-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    Not the link I was talking about, but here is one on the same subject from the smithsonian:

https://insider.si.edu/2012/03/ice-a...north-america/
    I am familiar with the clovis point evidence. Old well accepted theories are especially resistant to new theories that some think challenge the older established theory that in this case was asian origin of all native pre-columbian americans.
    I will let scientists fight that one out and see what the eventual consensus is. The new findings of the 24,000 yr old link between some europeans genes and some asian genes is being used to support the asian only origin theory.
    Fact is I do not believe they have any genetic evidence for modern humans from 20,000 to 15,000 years ago from western europe. They believe that the earliest data shows the first europeans were darker than modern europeans and had believe it or not blue eyes. There were hunter gatherer types. Hunters in northern climates do not need light skin for vitamin D since eating game and fish is a source of Vit D. The earlier farmers came in and then a later group came in and they were genetically smothered with their genes being rarer now days from what I have read. Farming people living in northern climes lack Vit D in their diets and lighter skin to absorb the fainter sunshine is needed to make Vit D.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 07-11-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Here is some related history for the Caribbean from Wikipedia. Teh point being that an active pirate fleet could have easily landed people clandestinely on the SE ameircan coast and these people could have quickly disappear into the mountains getting away from the spanish dominated coastal areas.
    Some might find the following to be of interest:

https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-Pirate...dward+kritzler

"Jewish Pirates of the Carribean" sounds a little bit like a World's Shortest Book joke or an old Mel Brooks routine, but this is some fascinating, and little known, history.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    One other Cherokee bloodline issue is that many Cherokee did not start out as Cherokee...like many tribes they used raids and captives to bolster their populations after people were lost in battle or to disease. If brother Running Bear met a glorious death in battle or if Little Duck succumbed to small pox then the tribe would raid another tribe and replace them with a new little sister or little brother for those families. That was common. In fact the Cherokee were slave traders as a side job. Capturing Indians from other tribes and selling them in Charlestown (Chrleston pre revolution) was a pretty lucrative business in the early to mid 1700s. Many a North American Indian died in horrible conditions on plantations in the Caribbean after being sold into slavery by other Indians. So if they didn't keep you to replace lost members you got sold into slavery.

In fact, Chief Atakullakulla was a Nipissing captured as a child and assimilated into the Cherokee whose wife Nionne Ollie was a Natchez who had been also been captured and assimilated into the Cherokee. Their son Dragging Canoe was a prominent warrior and the "head man" of Big Island town. He broke off from the main tribe with about 1/4 of the tribe and moved to the Chattanooga area on Chickamauga Creek when the elders and his father wanted peace with the Americans but he wanted to fight the Americans and preserve the Cherokee land....."You have bought a fair land but you will find its settlement dark and bloody". He and his group became known as the Chickamauga Cherokee. He allied with the British and fought on their side in the Revolution by leading guerrilla attacks all over the SW frontier (TN/GA/AL/KY)factoring prominently in the British defense of Augusta Ga.

All of this to say that we see there where even a chief , his wife and their son a prominent war chief in his own right didn't share a drop of "Cherokee" blood between them.
    The highlighted part got me thinking about the trail of tears. When Jackson order the expulsion of the Cherokee, I wonder if the killing by Cherokee bands and having been allied with the british had something to do with the expulsions for either revenge or not trusting them.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez