Thumbs up Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting - Dayton TN - July 7-8 2018 with Randy Harris

75% of the weekend course is spent working combatives and dealing with generally unhandy situations, both standing and on the ground. 25% of the weekend was live fire from less common range positions but positions that may occur in an actual fight (the "whys" were always included as to how these positions occur). Topics included (but not limited to and in no specific order) not getting stabbed, shot or hit; being able to stab, shoot, and hit; realities of distance and space; essentials of ground fighting; essentials of stand-up fighting; dynamic movement; and classroom discussion on effective tools and effectively using said tools in sometimes unconventional manners along with being smart enough to stay out these situations entirely.

Shooting is easier. Fighting is harder.

If there is one style of class to be taken as a yearly requirement for people concerned about being able to actually handle their business, I strongly suggest a course with a much heavier emphasis on the fighting portion and less on the paper hole punching. This was my second time taking this course and the third course of this nature Iíve taken this year. Once youíve got a strong fundamental base in the principles of shooting and you want to be effective in a fight, get yourself trained beyond target shooting and learn the ins and outs of the fight.

As I've said before, SI overall and Randy Harris do a stellar job at being fight focused and bringing a holistic approach to fighting often found sorely lacking in other avenues of instruction.

Thank you to my training partners this weekend. Everyone was stellar with positive attitudes.

group.jpg
    Thomas N. Fuller II

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range Instructor

Great AAR! I took this with Randy a few years ago. It's a great class, and a TON of fun.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

I, too, attended CRG-5 with Randy Harris ( and the Usual Suspects pictured above ). Tom's summation is on point. Regardless of what combatives tools you have in your tool box, there were plenty of techniques and specifics given to make it a very worthwhile investment of resources. This was not a theory class. LOTS of rolling around with sweaty Dudes, Some boo-boos, and lactic acid all around. In summary: It was FANTASTIC!

I think this class is a tremendous opportunity to peek behind the curtain to see the "Fighting" portion of "Gun Fighting".

As has been my experience, the SI curriculum, and Randy Harris were top notch, and this class was no exception.

IMG950613.jpg

And I'm certain I don't know what you mean about shooting from less common range positions...
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

Looks like a good time was had by all with Cruel hand.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

Quote Originally Posted by PRC 74 View Post
    Looks like a good time was had by all with Cruel hand.
    All except for the guys in white T-shirts....
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    All except for the guys in white T-shirts....
    They started it....
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris