Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This is like a refined version of the mini uzi. Modernized and adaptable, while still leathal past 100yards. I like it, do they come in 45?

Just an idea in my mind....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    This is like a refined version of the mini uzi. Modernized and adaptable, while still leathal past 100yards. I like it, do they come in 45?
    Ish... I've messed around with braced or stocked MACs, Mini-Uzi, Uzi, the original Scorpion, SIG MPX, and HK UMPs. The EVOis my favorite for a number of reasons.

And don't even think of Stens, Swedish Ks, Sterlings, MP40s, M3 Grease gun, Thompson, or Beretta M12s or I will lose my shit. Those are antiques and I'm not going down that bunny trail. That goes for the MP7 and the Styer, they're either too rare or not available to the public. The P90, as much as I like it, unless you're dropping the tax stamp to make it useable in this application is out due to it's design.

Mini Uzis, MACs, and the original Scorpion are all so small that they have no advantage over a Glock PDW and the Glock is far superior in accuracy and reliability.

Of the UMP, MP5, Uzi, MPX, and EVO, (all comparable size and function) the Uzi doesn't compete at all. It's too old and too loose when compared to the other 3 and the open bolt design has issues as well. That leaves us with the UMP, MP5, and EVO. The interesting thing is that the manual of arms is almost identical between the three excepting the MPX, they all shoot 9mm with an slight advantage to the UMP as it shoots .40 and .45 as well. The MP5 has been around since the 60s and the UMP since 98, leaving the Evo and MPX as the new kids on the block. So the MP5 and UMP are battle proven while the EVO and MPX are still working on their resumes.

What separates the 4? The categories that start setting the EVO way ahead of the others.

Construction: the EVOs body is all polymer which means light weight, reliable, and customizable.

Support: As the new kid on the block these aren't hard to get as well as parts and service. There is also the advantage that there are aftermarket upgrades and customization that can make the EVO better where you're basically stuck with what you get on the other 3.

Price: MP5 and the HK are $2000+ and mags are around $50 each. You add an optic, brace, and a full load of mags to that and you're pushing 3-3K+ for a useable set up and replacement parts are hard to find and expensive as well. The MPX starts to edge in here with a price of about $1500, but mags are still $40 each, and it doesn't come with BUIS. To get a good useable package you're going to be deep into the mid 2000nds for a complete package on a weapon that works almost exactly like a 9mm AR. The EVO with it's $20 mags, factory BUIS, and brace packages it's a simple proposition to have a complete fighting platform for well under $2000 that's going to work just as well or better than the others listed.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I'm struggling to imagine a context where an EVO would outperform a Glock PDW in any meaningful way. With the compatibility of Glock mags and slides, the more compact size, and the ability to transition to handgun-only mode, why would I not go Glock PDW?
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

It dose like like a pretty bitchen setup. I still have an uzi, but I think this is a way better option. I imagine it weighs less too. Another thing I like is we could potentially use lasers in tandom with a red dot. Also the red dot can be mounted without a loose topcover. I think it’s cool. Only reason I brought up 45 was the convenience with a silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    I'm struggling to imagine a context where an EVO would outperform a Glock PDW in any meaningful way. With the compatibility of Glock mags and slides, the more compact size, and the ability to transition to handgun-only mode, why would I not go Glock PDW?
    Go to the other thread. Covered that there
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    Then its not for you is it?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

So do you even have a Glock PDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammohoe View Post
    So do you even have a Glock PDW?
    I don't have a scorpion or Glock PDW, but I've handled both at ranges and friend's armories. I didn't see that the other thread already discussed this, and no one likes a duplicate question around here. Link: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...HE-WORKS/page6

The melee application and extra real-estate for the hand really does make sense. Because I'm usually thinking home-defense, expedient deployment, and standardization of gear, the Glock PDW makes more sense for me. However, if I was on a SWAT raid (in a more proactive CQB type of context) the scorpion would appear to be more comforting.
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters