Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Have 'em both...shot them both: like them both. The PDW is handier and lighter by a long shot, BUT the sights move when you fire them and the stock is less solid with the KAK I use than the various arm braces available for the EVO. Have even shot both suppressed and both are quiet and functioned perfectly. Both are better with improved triggers that SI can provide.

EVO wins on optics options, stock for better 4 point contact with a forearm, lighter recoil/faster recovery time (although as a straight blowback, it kicks about like an AR). The safety comes built into the EVO and does not need to be added like the Cominoli. EVO comes standard with a threaded barrel, Glock does not. Faster mag changes with EVO MAYBE, but not by much. Bigger levers are easier to find, but I like mags going in the handgrip more than in front of trigger group personally (hands find hands).

More traditional layout of controls and stock make shooting from odd or even traditional positions more natural with the EVO, but again, this is a small % advantage overall.

I'd probably take a folding arm-braced HK SP89 over either, but that means more $ and availability is much tighter. Mags are also stupid expensive. Shorter barrel and smaller forearm make it pretty damn compact, but the charging handle is odd and push button mag release is not as handy as EVO.

All good kit and worth considering. YMMV based on budgets and % of ROI you get from some carefully chosen upgrades, but I am confident mine will be upgraded by SI.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Some while back I spent a bunch of time and $$$ experimenting with different platforms for just this idea (among others).
    Those were some fun experiments. Imagine how much money that would have cost if you didn't have Yondering as a partner-in-crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    The P90, as much as I like it, unless you're dropping the tax stamp to make it useable in this application is out due to it's design.
    I have both a P90 (PS90 SBR) and a Scorpion EVO braced pistol. If I were doing it again today, I'd skip the P90. It's a neat little gun. It's most striking characteristic is the extent to which is is functionally ambidextrous. The design is almost completely symmetrical. And it is lovely the way the brass just drops at your feet (great for shooting from inside a vehicle). But the cartridge is weird; it's only valuable as an SBR; options for optics are limited; and there is no good way to mount a flashlight.

If it weren't for the NFA hassle, I'd probably sell off the P90. But I'm married to it now, so it stays. For anyone starting fresh, I'd definitely recommend the EVO instead.
    Virtute et Armis

Anyone have CMMG Guard (Pistol, MkGs PSB, 9MM) experience to add to the conversation?

9mm + suppressor + reduced gas in eyes + better recoil + glock magazines + AR similarities = CMMG Guard.

The negative is the unknown/proven reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGuy View Post
    Anyone have CMMG Guard (Pistol, MkGs PSB, 9MM) experience to add to the conversation?

9mm + suppressor + reduced gas in eyes + better recoil + glock magazines + AR similarities = CMMG Guard.

The negative is the unknown/proven reliability.
    It's no different than any other pistol caliber AR.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Im a BIG fan of 9mm ARs and its hard for me not to choose one; BUT that being said, the Scorpion EVO is a great semi auto SMG. One of the big issues with the AR series is the inability to fire with a folded stock. The EVO solves that issue. It makes for a compact package that can be shot while folded.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Im a BIG fan of 9mm ARs and its hard for me not to choose one; BUT that being said, the Scorpion EVO is a great semi auto SMG. One of the big issues with the AR series is the inability to fire with a folded stock. The EVO solves that issue. It makes for a compact package that can be shot while folded.
    It feels a little different to shoot the EVO due to the mass of the bolt, gives recoil an odd almost delayed feel, but the whole system is a real home run for the end user.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Will Suarez be offering the 'micro' version of the EVO?
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."