Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well I like the DPMS that I have.I got it because it was much lower in price than competing 308 Ar.I got the Spotical model.Its got a trigger job and Vortex red dot.and now a vertical handguard grip/bipod.It shoots all type of surplus ,military ammo and does really well accuracy wise with 168 gr Match.I dont know if it was me or what but I uot shot a friend with a SIG 716(Hope I got that right).A couple of drawbacks the collapsable stock "Pardus",not the best but will do.No iron sights,the large size gas block.Other than that its a great shooting rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    What I really want know is how the g2 srss stacks up against the top brands. As long as itís free floated and can group consitaintly there really shouldnít be a problem with it. I donít even care if there is 2 miles of accessory rail on it, I will never use it. It would be long range only.
    DPMS isnít capable of the quality control necessary to develop a base line opinion. That is the biggest problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Well I like the DPMS that I have.I got it because it was much lower in price than competing 308 Ar.I got the Spotical model.Its got a trigger job and Vortex red dot.and now a vertical handguard grip/bipod.It shoots all type of surplus ,military ammo and does really well accuracy wise with 168 gr Match.I dont know if it was me or what but I uot shot a friend with a SIG 716(Hope I got that right).A couple of drawbacks the collapsable stock "Pardus",not the best but will do.No iron sights,the large size gas block.Other than that its a great shooting rifle.
    Again, QC is the issue. There is a reason, when you look at 7.62 NATO AR platforms, La Rue, Knightís Armament, and Lewis Machine And Tool are the go toís. They produce consistently reliable (and consistently accurate) rifles. DPMS just doesnít

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    DPMS isn’t capable of the quality control necessary to develop a base line opinion. That is the biggest problem

I understand bro, you really got me thinking about the LaRue. I have to see if I can find a receiver. I would like to keep it all LaRue if I do it.

I understand bro, you really got me thinking about the LaRue. I have to see if I can find a receiver. I would like to keep it all LaRue if I do it.
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/

You can actually have an entire Larue 308/7.62 for $1491 including one of their crazy expensive mags, brand new...

Larue sells upper kits, and stripped lowers. If you're willing to assemble the rifle yourself, you can have an entire Larue for DPMS prices. You get to configure your caliber, barrel length, barrel weight, receiver and furniture colors. They even offer optional assembly for $199. Pretty sweet deal.

Here are the links:
    Ultimate Upper Kit: https://www.larue.com/products/larue...5cm-upper-kit/
    Stripper Lower: https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    DPMS isn’t capable of the quality control necessary to develop a base line opinion. That is the biggest problem

Dang.... That's great.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

ďAdversity introduces a man to himself.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Dang.... That's great.
    If you have one and it works, I wouldn’t worry.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You can actually have an entire Larue 308/7.62 for $1491 including one of their crazy expensive mags, brand new
    OK so now you have me interested....are the 762 mags compatible with standard Pmags

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    OK so now you have me interested....are the 762 mags compatible with standard Pmags
    Yes. The sad part is that I had to do all the fucking leg work for people to see this deal. Mark La Rue has been pushing this deal for quite a while. Folks just donít pay attention (or, at least, donít pay attention to tier one companies). Follow tier one companies, you will find tier one deals.