Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PRS shooting

Look up Wes Thompson range in Piru. They are old school movie pyrotectic people and other then the 1000yard range they do the espn steel events up there. Bitchen place, the owner is this old cowboy and he is super cool. I used to just go up there to hang out with him.

I sold my Remington 700 308 that was worked over by a Gunsmith.Got a Ruger RPR in 6.5CM.Great rifle shoots anything at a 1000 and all without spending time and mucho money on a Gunsmith.It is heavy but thats to be expected.My friend has a Tikka 6.5Cm and its also a good shooter and litlle more portable.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    I sold my Remington 700 308 that was worked over by a Gunsmith.Got a Ruger RPR in 6.5CM.Great rifle shoots anything at a 1000 and all without spending time and mucho money on a Gunsmith.It is heavy but thats to be expected.My friend has a Tikka 6.5Cm and its also a good shooter and litlle more portable.
    I had heart build a 338 lapua out of a long action I had. It is a 1/4-1/2 moa gun at 1000 with 300 grain Sierras. I have always wanted to build a M40 style 308, maybe in the future. 308 is a sweet rifle to learn moa and use a turret. It has a lot of drop...

Philip Asay is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    Adding a new skill set will make you a better all around shooter. Knowing what it takes to be precise at long distances will assist in making you better at shorter distance.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    State of Alaska, Certified CCW Instructor
    Glock Certified Advanced Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Asay View Post
    Adding a new skill set will make you a better all around shooter. Knowing what it takes to be precise at long distances will assist in making you better at shorter distance.
    EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I had heart build a 338 lapua out of a long action I had. It is a 1/4-1/2 moa gun at 1000 with 300 grain Sierras. I have always wanted to build a M40 style 308, maybe in the future. 308 is a sweet rifle to learn moa and use a turret. It has a lot of drop...
    I agree. I am currently putting together a 6.5x47 Lapua rig, but learning on 308 is just value added. My buddy runs a 6.5 Creed, and comparing his dope to mine, I have to hold more for wind and drop.

A local gunsmith opened a 700 yard range we are going to start hosting PRS matches there the first one is on the 28th.

A friend of mine has gotten into it he bought a ruger precision rifle with a vortex razor hd we both got first round hits at 700 yards with it.

Terry Cross is a custom rifle builder out of Alexandria LA who also travels the country teaching classes and a SME in just about everything he also has a list of precision rifle competition wins as long as my arm. He shoots USPSA with us and he said the RPR is the best entry level PRS rifle on the market.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16