Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: PRS shooting

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,736
    Look up Wes Thompson range in Piru. They are old school movie pyrotectic people and other then the 1000yard range they do the espn steel events up there. Bitchen place, the owner is this old cowboy and he is super cool. I used to just go up there to hang out with him.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    284
    I sold my Remington 700 308 that was worked over by a Gunsmith.Got a Ruger RPR in 6.5CM.Great rifle shoots anything at a 1000 and all without spending time and mucho money on a Gunsmith.It is heavy but thats to be expected.My friend has a Tikka 6.5Cm and its also a good shooter and litlle more portable.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,736
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    I sold my Remington 700 308 that was worked over by a Gunsmith.Got a Ruger RPR in 6.5CM.Great rifle shoots anything at a 1000 and all without spending time and mucho money on a Gunsmith.It is heavy but thats to be expected.My friend has a Tikka 6.5Cm and its also a good shooter and litlle more portable.
    I had heart build a 338 lapua out of a long action I had. It is a 1/4-1/2 moa gun at 1000 with 300 grain Sierras. I have always wanted to build a M40 style 308, maybe in the future. 308 is a sweet rifle to learn moa and use a turret. It has a lot of drop...

  4. #14
    Philip Asay is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    214
    Adding a new skill set will make you a better all around shooter. Knowing what it takes to be precise at long distances will assist in making you better at shorter distance.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    State of Alaska, Certified CCW Instructor
    Glock Certified Advanced Armorer

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Made it to Free America
    Posts
    12,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Asay View Post
    Adding a new skill set will make you a better all around shooter. Knowing what it takes to be precise at long distances will assist in making you better at shorter distance.
    EXACTLY

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I had heart build a 338 lapua out of a long action I had. It is a 1/4-1/2 moa gun at 1000 with 300 grain Sierras. I have always wanted to build a M40 style 308, maybe in the future. 308 is a sweet rifle to learn moa and use a turret. It has a lot of drop...
    I agree. I am currently putting together a 6.5x47 Lapua rig, but learning on 308 is just value added. My buddy runs a 6.5 Creed, and comparing his dope to mine, I have to hold more for wind and drop.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Leesville LA
    Posts
    2,316
    A local gunsmith opened a 700 yard range we are going to start hosting PRS matches there the first one is on the 28th.

    A friend of mine has gotten into it he bought a ruger precision rifle with a vortex razor hd we both got first round hits at 700 yards with it.

    Terry Cross is a custom rifle builder out of Alexandria LA who also travels the country teaching classes and a SME in just about everything he also has a list of precision rifle competition wins as long as my arm. He shoots USPSA with us and he said the RPR is the best entry level PRS rifle on the market.



    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

    KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •