Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    An interesting thing to consider is all the different types of temptations and dangers kids have to deal with these days. Anything from drugs to sexual predators that some people seem to want to tolerate to getting getting kidnapped and sold into all sorts of bad things.

On the flip side they have so many more advantages in pretty much everything. I love that I can do so much more for mine then my parents could do for me; And my parents did so much for me.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

From my observations on "good old days" threads I've read over the years is that most of the things that I agree are good about current times and bad about the past have to do with advances in technology, and most of the things I consider bad about current times and good about the past have to do with social and political factors. I consider stupid or bad things done with new technology to be social and/or political, so things like not reading books and instead relying on a 10 min Youtube video are not the fault of the technology.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot