Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Many days I wish I could lateral to your agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    "This is not a transcription. For details see BWC."
    Won't happen here until well after I hang up my spurs. Heck, our digital photos still require physical transfer from phone to PC to disc (and then marking, sealing, and placing into evidence). We are not issued recorders on patrol, and the ones available at the precinct simply don't work and don't play well with our PCs. No dashcams either.
    The crisis du jour is replacement of our handhelds about two years out, as our Motorolas are obsolescent and unsupported. It's allegedly gonna cost a zillion dollars and the sky is gonna fall. I'm sure the projected doom and gloom has nothing to do with pending contract negotiations.
    Realities of mid-twentieth century policing in the twenty-first.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-09-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

2, 4, 9. And a wakeup.

We have federal monitors so our agency does all sorts of stuff differently. From the investigation standpoint everything we do now makes a whole lot more sense - never thought I'd agree with anything that's going on though - but from the patrol aspect stuff takes a lot more time and nobody ever goes home on time.

Thanks everyone. I think we've got the course content pretty much wrapped up. Basically I think it'll be a five day class shoved into two.

J

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    "...but from the patrol aspect stuff takes a lot more time and nobody ever goes home on time."
    I use the "plus three rule." If I look at the clock during my shift I always add three hours, because that's the usual maximum additional when it hits the fan at, say, 1745.

Sorry I'm going to miss this one. Apparently my grunt-level presence is again indispensable on the mean streets of east county.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

2, 4, 9. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Basically I think it'll be a five day class shoved into two.
    So it'll be a typical Suarez class. :) I'm looking forward to attending.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

It will be a great class. I’m very happy to have you, Sam Spade, and Jim Miller coming. What is important about this class is not only the topic but who we have there. The longer I do my job the more I realize what I don’t know. It’s nice to get a lot of information in one place from knowledgeable people and to build on others experience. Each night it is just me for 10,000 mi. and I am constantly amazed at the shit we get into. I have learned the value of using different sources, each with their own specialty, to accomplish the mission. I think the student in this class will see a lot of experience and maturity being brought to bear on one little-discussed topic.

I hope to make the students feel knowledgeable and prepared;however, there are no experts and we learn from each other. The person who tells me they are an expert, in my mind, is just someone who hasn’t been on the street long enough.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 07-17-2018 at 04:05 PM.

J, I have seen the material you put together for the first class, and I have seen you speak on more than one occasion. You present this material with knowledge, wisdom and authority. I think it is very fair thing to say that you are an expert.

We have a saying: Sometimes a teacher, always a student.

I think you are an expert who recognizes there is always something else to learn.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.