Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    Read above. But if that is the only HP you can use, it's still better than FMJ. It's not a bad performing round.
    Read above what exactly? I read the whole thread. I only see to ask Eric Tull about it, which Im doing. I see no examples of the failures or Critical Duty referenced in the thread.

Powerball, as mentioned, but would be a stiff load for a Hi Power. Perhaps, one of the lesser loadings of the Leigh High Defense loads would work well ? As long as you spring the Hi Power properly (17lb, or better, recoil spring; esp. 30lb, or better hammer spring, and a buffer if you feel inclined), it can take limited +P shooting. And by that I mean, 115 grains at 1250fps, or 124 grains at 1150fps. This is true of even the older forged frames. BH Solutions is now making a guide rod/buffer that looks nice, and their hammer spring tool is fabulous. I know that for a fact. For my money, I'd get a new barrel, as suggested, and then spring it for your favorite load, or the way you like. I used to run a #26 hammer spring, which is the original design, but I would only shoot standard pressure through it. I've since changed to a well worn #32 hammer spring (probably like a new #30) because I like the trigger pull better. There is more of a signal from the trigger that you've established sear engagement for precise shots than with a #26. Don't stick your thumb under a #32 sprung hammer though. Blood will spurt ! I saw a guy do that once to test the trigger on a 1911. I thought it was cool and tried on a new Hi Power at a gun store. Very humiliating. :(
    Last edited by zippy; 06-20-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    Read above what exactly? I read the whole thread. I only see to ask Eric Tull about it, which Im doing. I see no examples of the failures or Critical Duty referenced in the thread.
    In an event he was involved in CD skipped off of a leather belt.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by RTMetz View Post
    You might want to give G9 Ammunition a try. I currently carry their External Hollow Point (EHP) in 9mm. Real world results on pigs (dead, whole, and hanging from a gambrel) have been impressive. An entry wound that you can stick a finger in without resistance and a permanent wound cavity that must be seen to be believed.
    Got any photos?

Remington 115gr. Comes in a green and white box, with 100 rounds. I use a lot of it for practice, because I can often find it cheaper than FMJ. Has fed in every 9mm I've ever owned, and one .40 caliber. As a bonus, it seems to expand well, even out of short barrels. (I still use higher quality ammo for carry, though.)

G9 EHP.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Got any photos?
    Here is a photo of the round, and no, G9 didn't copy Lehigh Defense, the EHP was developed two years before Lehigh released the Xtreme Defense round. No photos from when we shot up the pig, wish I had thought to take some. There are a few testing videos on YouTube though, Guns America and Tactical Rifleman both conducted tests, one with pork shoulders and the other with gel. G9 has their own YT channel as well, showing the rounds lack of deflection through a windshield. Full disclosure, the owner of G9 is a close friend, but there's no way I would carry his ammo if it didn't work.
    Last edited by RTMetz; 06-24-2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the picture.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    ~
    Gen George S. Patton

The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.
    ~Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by RTMetz View Post
    G9 EHP.jpg

Here is a photo of the round, and no, G9 didn't copy Lehigh Defense, the EHP was developed two years before Lehigh released the Xtreme Defense round. No photos from when we shot up the pig, wish I had thought to take some. There are a few testing videos on YouTube though, Guns America and Tactical Rifleman both conducted tests, one with pork shoulders and the other with gel. G9 has their own YT channel as well, showing the rounds lack of deflection through a windshield. Full disclosure, the owner of G9 is a close friend, but there's no way I would carry his ammo if it didn't work.
    Interesting. Thank you.