Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Personally I'd take a hush puppy like this over just about anything else. https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimag...wm_4302226.jpg

and make up the weight difference in ammo and other E&E tools. .22 doesn't weigh anything and with a little bushcraft and marksmanship you can keep yourself fed and safe.
    Interesting. I "get" that 22LR is small and a lot can be carried, AND the pistol can be small and discretely carried (even against orders); but are you content with 22Lr versus a better killing round? Im NOT fixated on 5.7 (even though I keep bringing up); it just seems almost as small and a better killing round than 22LR.

I do agree that a pistol like the one pictured would be about perfect--and even better with a small wire stock. The Soviets played with the Stechkin as a stocked pistol (with a larger wooden holster stock), then abandoned it and then brought it back as a SOG weapon with a suppressor and a wire stock

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Interesting. I "get" that 22LR is small and a lot can be carried, AND the pistol can be small and discretely carried (even against orders); but are you content with 22Lr versus a better killing round? Im NOT fixated on 5.7 (even though I keep bringing up); it just seems almost as small and a better killing round than 22LR.

I do agree that a pistol like the one pictured would be about perfect--and even better with a small wire stock. The Soviets played with the Stechkin as a stocked pistol (with a larger wooden holster stock), then abandoned it and then brought it back as a SOG weapon with a suppressor and a wire stock
    If I'm E&Eing and need a defensive gun I did something very wrong and it's not going to end well. If I needed it to shoot someone it's going to be two quiet ones behind the ear. This is more for small game and neighborhood dogs and lights when I'm stealing supplies.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

And those supplies can include firearms and ammo from unwilling donors.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

Still crazy after all these years.

2, 4, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    And those supplies can include firearms and ammo from unwilling donors.
    If you're patient.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

That is very close to what Gary Powers was carrying when he got shot down. I think his was a High Standard.

I worked around the triple nickel and the five and dime during kfor and bfor times. Back when a certain f-16 caught a SAM. Damn, that brought back memories (not of anything interesting, I didnt do anything interesting during my .mil time)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Id want a G17 or G21 in my holster and an Endostock, some happy sticks and a suppressor under the seat.
    A mag full of subsonic would be handy too.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

My response from the other thread applies here too:

I think the issue is perspective. You're thinking E&E as a war fighting skill instead of a survival skill. It's not about fighting your way out of an E&E predicament and if you're busted you're better off being taken into custody and attempting to escape later than you are to fight your way free.

Now I would caveat this in radical Islamic nations/nation states as the likelihood of having your head cut off on the internet is far higher. In that environment I'd rather sling some lead to entice them to shoot me to death, or just simplify it and do what that Russian pilot did and carry a grenade in my pocket.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Jordanian pilot burned alive by ISIS. Be taken alive by those moral monsters is not a good option and a bullet while going down fighting is a better choice.

pilot_killed2_020315.jpg
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Kind of the Unwritten Rule. Every man must decide for himself. Any women who surrenders, well....
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...