Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    OK, now I'm cleaning scotch off my keyboard.
    I will buy you a scotch if you come to AZ.

The sad thing is that, while we get it and raise stout fists in tribal affirmation of the warrior ethos, the majority of "gun pussies" would be horrified by our bellicose ardor (joyous warlike ways).
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The sad thing is that, while we get it and raise stout fists in tribal affirmation of the warrior ethos, the majority of "gun pussies" would be horrified by our bellicose ardor (joyous warlike ways).
    That's why we're here and not AR15.com
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

I will buy you a scotch if you come to AZ.

Lots of stuff in AZ is already on the bucket list.

Well...in no particular order.

1. Crazy guy and not jihadist...ok.

2. While certainly not justifying it, one lesson is that you cannot screw with people and think there will never be a consequence. The media thinks that in the USA.

3. They can scream for anything they want. There will nevwr be any gun bans. If the Kenyan could not do it, and after the Vegas deal they didnt do it, I have zero concerns of them ever doing anything.

4. Hiding under a desk...well midern western males are like that and I expect nothing more. We are simply not a part of their species. They are homopacificus...we are not.
    THAT is the big take away we can all wish would be the flashing lightbulb above the collective SJW heads

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    THAT is the big take away we can all wish would be the flashing lightbulb above the collective SJW heads
    In reality it is more like an ax over their heads and they do not know how lucky most of them have been lately.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Maybe just playing devil's advocate, but doing so to wring every bit of learning we can out of this, so here goes. As far as is discernible from the open sources I've seen, the paper didn't libel the shooter. While the modern social media norm is to say things that would warrant a bloody nose, it doesn't look like that is the case here. In this case, it seems the nut took umbrage at having his misdeeds reported.

So what does this mean in our context? Probably not much. While there is truth to the argument that messing with people has consequences, there is also a "wild card" factor. Some people are going to feel attacked or disrespected or otherwise messed with by your actions even if reasonable people wouldn't. In most cases, they take their butthurt and cry into their pillows, but some of them won't do that. Some of them will do that crazy stuff that only the truly crazy do. It's unfortunate that they more often do it to the "why me?" types than to the "FINALLY!" men, but that is the way of the world.

In summary, messing with people has consequences, and so might honest work. The fearful may let that keep them out of life's game. The wise and strong acknowledge life's risks and go about life ready to prevail. The staff at the paper were willing to print the truth, but not willing to go through life armed and willing to fight. They held the unrealistic notion that "moral superiority" was on their side. Moral superiority, strength and willingness to fight may have served them better.

Exactly. Sometimes your active shooter has no reasons a rank and file employee could know or guess at. He may not have reasons. At workplaces, it's usually some guy with a grudge. A variant of that happened here.

I don't think it helps to go down the "root causes" rabbit hole. Your workplace could some day have an active shooter. Accept it as a risk, and plan.

Moral superiority is a myth with no teeth
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Moral superiority is a myth with no teeth
    So... itís a $10 truck stop whore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk