Default New Federal Premium Hydra-shock Deep

Anyone here have any experience with this ammo? Opinions? I'm going to have to look at how it compares to say Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUwNXxsIxI
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Wasn't the original "problem" with Hydra-Shoks that they would clog, effectively turn into ball, and then over penetrate?

Not really seeing the purpose of this new Hydra-Shok packaging, when HST bullets are such ideal performers.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1976 View Post
    Anyone here have any experience with this ammo? Opinions? I'm going to have to look at how it compares to say Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUwNXxsIxI

Their HSTs already do this as uniformly as any projectile I've ever seen.....why change? They're just marketing something "new".

I am sure it will work just fine. My pov on ammo is accuracy first (given its an anti-personnel load).

Currently running Black Hills with the Barnes DPX bullet.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    My pov on ammo is accuracy first (given its an anti-personnel load).
    This
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

It isn't 1980 with few choices. We have been at war since 2001 and anti-personnel ammo outsells hunting and competition ammo. Any hollow point type ammo from any large factory will likely work fine on a human, and cost the same...approx $1.00 per round. No need to split fly poop and pepper.
    Gabe Suarez

I just watched how much research has been done around 9mm and all the advancements in bullet science to make it surpass all other handgun bullets. I’m sure that there is hardly any difference with true defense bullets from legitament company’s. The biggest thing being, are you 100% sure you will hit that target?

I have lots of students that are doctors. Many that see gunshots daily. Unanimously, the perspective is that there is almost no tangible difference between modern ammo in 9mm, 40, or 45 ACP. The 380 seems to be below the 9mm considerably...probably due to bullet mass, but far exceeds other mini calibers such as 32 and 25. And until you get past the outer ballistic curve with overloaded 357 magnums, upper end 357 SIG and 44 magnums, everything will perform about the same given fast enough bullets and modern bullet design.

That being the case, I chose the most shootable, repeatable, and accurate weapon with the most BBs in it before reloading was required...a 9mm.
    Gabe Suarez

I have lots of students that are doctors. Many that see gunshots daily. Unanimously, the perspective is that there is almost no tangible difference between modern ammo in 9mm, 40, or 45 ACP. The 380 seems to be below the 9mm considerably...probably due to bullet mass, but far exceeds other mini calibers such as 32 and 25. And until you get past the outer ballistic curve with overloaded 357 magnums, upper end 357 SIG and 44 magnums, everything will perform about the same given fast enough bullets and modern bullet design.

That being the case, I chose the most shootable, repeatable, and accurate weapon with the most BBs in it before reloading was required...a 9mm.
    Even though I will buy a Super I think I have decided on getting a 17 this time first. The 19 was always alittle small, I just kept using it because I did so well with it. Guys say that 19 conseals better, but I wouldn’t know because there was always 17 mags in it. If I was a betting man, I would wager I shoot a 17 better.

It isn't 1980 with few choices. We have been at war since 2001 and anti-personnel ammo outsells hunting and competition ammo. Any hollow point type ammo from any large factory will likely work fine on a human, and cost the same...approx $1.00 per round. No need to split fly poop and pepper.
    This!
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22