Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’m typically not a fan of lasers, but I have a crimson trace grip on my LCRx. That helps a lot as a point shooting training aid. I upgraded the front sight to a big dot, and almost always have the laser grip turned off when I carry it.

Lasers have a place as a tertiary sighting system. If you truly need to shoot without any additional verification of your physical alignment...usually because you have no time or initiative in the fight, you wont be able,to use the laser either.

Unless you have attended our force on force training, you simply dont know what we are discussing, nor what reallt happens in the fight.

Train, learn, opine expertly.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    'Hip shooting' sounds like a movie thing that doesn't do well in the real world.
    In extreme close contact it needs to be thought of in the context of a retention concept. Your free hand is fending off physical attack and body position allows for a one handed draw stroke. The draw drives the elbow back to ensure retention without visual verification. You fire into the attacker to break contact/create distance, then move off the line of attack on a lateral or rear oblique (not backwards) while gaining visual verification on the gun as you create more distance.

Quick Draw McGraw speed rocks will get you killed. If you're too close it destroys your fighting posture by putting your skull behind your heels, and if you have distance movement is far more effective at keeping you from getting shot than a fast draw stroke.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 06-19-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

The physical act of shooting is the same regardless of what the eyes are focusing on or looking for. The same draw and shot fired could be physically aligned (lets use educated terms not seventh grade education terms from the 1930s), or visually verified via various visual indexes.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The physical act of shooting is the same regardless of what the eyes are focusing on or looking for. The same draw and shot fired could be physically aligned (lets use educated terms not seventh grade education terms from the 1930s), or visually verified via various visual indexes.
    You're right, I rushed through it while working, edited for content.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.