Default SOB47 Brace and 922(r) Question

I was perusing SI's gear and saw a SOB47 brace for AK pistols. I've had a Draco that has been sitting in the safe for years (was going to SBR it, but never got around to it). With the new discussions/threads and builds with braces, I am considering adding SOB47 brace to it. As I begin to think about changing parts on a AK variant, my 922r Alarm starts screaming, so I started researching it but the ATF does not make it easy. Quote from Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide:

Section 922(r), Title 18, U.S.C., makes it unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of the GCA.
    This clearly does not apply to pistols, but I was unable to find anything about swapping parts on pistols; a 922(r) for pistols, if you will.

Which means it could be legal or I'm bad at legal research.

I have Austrian and German pistols, and have never heard tales of caution when looking to swap parts, so I lean toward legal. So my question. . .Should I have any (legal) problem swapping parts on the Draco or does anyone have any trusted resources that they could point me too. Thanks.
    We have to go in places no body would ever think of going into were it not for the necessities of war. ~ Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war. ~ Thucydides

I am not a lawyer.
    Adding an SOB 47 to a pistol should be good to go you are not turning it into a rifle it is a braced pistol.

v/r

JD

922 is about having enough American made parts on the gun. I don’t know if 922 applies to pistols, but adding the brace will not affect 922 compliance either way.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

922(r) applies to rifle & shotguns; not pistols.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.