Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My opinion

If you want an every day carry pistol that you can conceal comfortably, get the G22. Personally, I prefer to chop the grip for easier concealment.

If you want an outdoor pistol that you can carry in the open, with a longer barrel that can really stretch the legs of 357 sig., get the G35.

Either way, get a threaded barrel. Then you will have the option of a brake if you want it. With the 35, I think you will find that you need it.

You can always add a folding brace and turn this into a miniature rifle that fits in a laptop bag.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

What about getting one compensated from the factory?

Do you mean the "C" models from Glock? I'm personally not a big fan of those due to a couple of different issues.

1. It bleeds velocity off the bullet before it leaves the barrel.

2. Shooting it from Close Contact Ready or from Midpoint Ready really sucks because of the gas jetting into your face.

I'd personally rather have a comp attached at the end of the gun than holes in the barrel.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

I agree with Randy. The whole point of 357 is to get more velocity. If you cut holes in the barrel, you lose that benefit and might as well stick with 9mm.

Randy’s point about the gas ejecting in your face is also spot on. You can run into the same thing with a compensator at the end of the barrel, but it is further away from your face.

I don’t think you absolutely need a compensator for a G 22. But I do think you should get a threaded barrel. To me, if I’m buying an aftermarket barrel anyway, there’s no reason not to get it threaded. You can always add a compensator later if you want.

With a G 35, there is significant muzzle jump. At least for me, that gun needs to be compensated to shoot it well. With a compensator, my gun is a 100 yard face shooter.
    Brent Yamamoto

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting