Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1). One old LC-1 belt I've had about forever. Mentioned it because it's in one storage box and I've got it.

2.). One coyote brown battle belt marked USMC pack sub belt. Along with coyote brown H harness, Blackhawk maybe, adapted to it.

3.) 2 woodland camo battle belts originally designed for the early GI MOLLE vests type 1 iirc. Using woodland camo ALUCE pack straps moded into H harnesses.

4.) One S.I. TIB. in black. Might be workable with the waist strap. Hadn't thought of it for deep brushy field use on steep terrain but maybe.

Okay,. Now you guys got me thinking on both reevaluating what I have and eye balling some new stuff. That blue force gear set looks mighty tempting.

Brother mission drives equipment like intel drives maneuver.

What do want to use it for?

What are your basic load and sustainment requirements?

v/r

JD

I'm going to be out in the Ozark National forest doing some off trail woods walking. For two to three days. This will be during coyote season which kicks off July 1st. I plan on carrying and AR pistol and maybe a Glock 17in addition to that.

Except driving to and from a area I pick I'll be on foot.

In just discussing what'll be on the belt itself 4 magazines for the AR, 2 for the Glock. Two one quart canteens. One IFAK sized first aide kit.

Im debating on whether or not to have the Glock on that belt or my trouser belt on a drop leg. And maybe the same with a fixed blade knife.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63 View Post
    I'm going to be out in the Ozark National forest doing some off trail woods walking. For two to three days. This will be during coyote season which kicks off July 1st. I plan on carrying and AR pistol and maybe a Glock 17in addition to that.

Except driving to and from a area I pick I'll be on foot.

In just discussing what'll be on the belt itself 4 magazines for the AR, 2 for the Glock. Two one quart canteens. One IFAK sized first aide kit.

Im debating on whether or not to have the Glock on that belt or my trouser belt on a drop leg. And maybe the same with a fixed blade knife.
    I'm still a little fuzzy on the use case here, but personally if I were hiking for a few days off trail and wanted to be prepared to hunt coyote and also to defend myself from larger predators (human or animal) I would be leaning towards the stakeout.

The flexibility of the shotgun to use different kinds of ammo would allow you to have 1 or 2 rounds on tap for a coyote followed by a few rounds for a more dangerous predator should you encounter one.

If you are dedicated to the AR pistol, 4 mags seems a little more than I would carry but not outside of the scope of reason (to me).

I only have experience with LC-2 LBE and would probably go with 1x double mag pouch on each side of the belt for mags, another double mag pouch on one side for trail snacks, and one more double mag pouch for a blowout kit. Canteens over the kidneys, of course.

I would tend to put the pistol, extra pistol mags, and knife on my trouser belt with no more drop than necessary to clear the LBE, and also might attach a butt pack to my ruck so that I can go on day hikes from base camp, if you will have a base camp, that is.

All of the above secured with zip ties, cut and rounded, and maybe with sleeping pad padding.

There are probably much better alternatives to this sort of setup (battle belt comes to mind) but I just don't know enough about them to say.

I was lucky enough to find Robert at
    US Grunt Gear when I first started
    looking for a warbelt. I first had him
    build a custom chest rig to support
    my 9mm AR. One of his Infidel's
    followed quickly. He supplies a velco
    liner belt that goes through your pants
    belt loops. Then the padded war belt goes
    over that so it won't ride up, or slide down.
    They are immensely comfortable for all day
    wear & then some. The pals webbing makes
    it as versatile as you want.

I have 2 of his Infidel's & one of his
    Pro Grunt belts for a little lower profile.

His work is top shelf, and so is he. His work
    is worth the wait. If you call him he will build
    a custom setup per your requirements. Lastly,
    he's a retired Marine and his gear is made in
    Conus.

http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 06-15-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: corrected grammer
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Thanks. Guys I'll respond more in detail later. Have my nose to the grindstone to clear out some other projects.