Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hard music for the Christian warrior?

Don't get me wrong I enjoy much of the hard "secular" music it's just I sometimes want a different "message"
    Just curious what you all may listen to.

A few bands I enjoy.
    Red
    Brian Head Welch
    Living Sacrifice
    Project 86
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Slipnot.....

Honestly...the only place I listen to Christian Music is at church.

Rest of the time I am either listening to Fox Business, or Five Finger Death Punch. There are some good metal Christian bands I am told, but I am not familiar enough to comment.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I think the closest I come to anything like that is Skillet. I have been listening to a lot of Amon Amarth tonight. Viking metal.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I like Red and some Skillet... not really sure why they are labeled Christian, though. The Christian message is very veiled, often doctrinely incorrect, and often nonexistent. I don't like most Christian hard rock... it's generally annoying wannabe music.

I like Sabaton. They have clean lyrics, for the most part, a good warrior feel, and tell the history of warfare through metal. Tyr, Turisas, and Power Quest (if you like nerdy power metal) all have some good songs, but will have songs with "darker" lyrical content mixed in, which I am not as fond of.

Petra, especially in the late 1980s/early 1990s.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Nothing recent on my play list for Christian metal ... but that might be just my ignorance. My favs were Holy Soldier, Mass, and Whitecross.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

Lamb of God. It's pretty savage.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon_Spaf View Post
    I like Red and some Skillet... not really sure why they are labeled Christian, though. The Christian message is very veiled, often doctrinely incorrect, and often nonexistent. I don't like most Christian hard rock... it's generally annoying wannabe music.

I like Sabaton. They have clean lyrics, for the most part, a good warrior feel, and tell the history of warfare through metal. Tyr, Turisas, and Power Quest (if you like nerdy power metal) all have some good songs, but will have songs with "darker" lyrical content mixed in, which I am not as fond of.
    Well said. I liked Skillet in the late 90's, but got the same impression as you from listening to their newer stuff. I think some of the "Christian" bands are really just in the Christian genre because they're not good enough to make it in the larger secular pool.

Most of the Christian rock/metal I like is older stuff now. Two of my favorites are Michael Sweet's "Truth" album (he was from the old band Stryper) and Detritus' "If But For One" album. Both have strong messages but are pretty good music too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon_Spaf View Post
    Sabaton is fun to listen to.

I don't really do "heavy metal" though. I'm an unapologetic 90's - late 2000's punk / pop punk fan.