Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Well as I recall Patton was a pretty devout Christian and still believed in reincarnation...
    There are all sorts of people that profess Christianity as their religion that believe in some wild things. Reincarnation would seem to be heretical. There are people that will wave a bible or some other books to bless the things that they do. It is not a bad reflection on the religion, but more on the heretic.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    On religious grounds, I do not believe in reincarnation. I do not know what takes hold of me when I shoulder a Garand and it is even more pronounced with a Mauser.

Does anyone else feel an old warhorse wants to talk to you?

Choirboy
    Yes I collect military firearms. It is like a big jigsaw puzzle to me. Finding the cartouches, when it was made, what damage it has. I have a CMP M1 carbine that came back from the Austrian constabulary and has an embossing tape with a last name on it. My type 99 was found in a cave on Tinian by a friend of mine in 48.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Yes I collect military firearms. It is like a big jigsaw puzzle to me. Finding the cartouches, when it was made, what damage it has. I have a CMP M1 carbine that came back from the Austrian constabulary and has an embossing tape with a last name on it. My type 99 was found in a cave on Tinian by a friend of mine in 48.
    Yes, I was only interested in historical firearms initially. I was not interested in tactical shooting until 9/11/01 which led me to places like warriortalk