Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    SEE ARTICLE BY ME THIS AM - THE TRUTH ABOUT THE LEVER ACTION RIFLE
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Gabe - I'm very near sighted. Using the Ashley or WWG ghost rings adds about 3-4" to the overall sight radius of the carbine. It backs the rear sight to the rear-most scope mounting holes, versus being ahead of the receiver on the barrel. Generally, additional sight radius adds to "mechanical" accuracy for any platform using iron sights. Do I think this turns this carbine into a sniper rifle? Nope, not at all. But, the ghost ring helps by removing the rear sight plane focus requirement of a normal buckhorn/notch rear sight. This is a benefit to a rifle not having a red dot. And, it helps those with "stiffer" lenses - old man eyes - focus on the front sight and the target. Might I put a red dot on it one day - perhaps, but I was telling folks what I had now, and how it worked.
    OK
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I look at it why not? They have been killing in one form or another for along time. Perfect type of inconspicuous rifle for protecting yourself in an inconspicuous manner. Look at how many states have now outlawed magazine compasity as well as detachable magazines on rifles. It’s becoming a common occurrence. I have lived in California for most of my life and I will tell you that these laws arnt to be taken lightly. Time will tell, but I speculate that eventually these laws here will be pushed all across the us eventually. The 30/30 round is balisticlly similar to a 7.63x39, which in my opinion is one of the ultimate urban type environment round. Manual of arms is similar to a shotgun, so reloads and how to carry loose ammo carry’s right over. Cost, let’s face it. Like Gabe said, who wants to leave a 2500.00 rifle in the back of a vehicle and risk the chance of theft. Not me, I have always carried a mossburg 500 for these very same reasons. There are times where a rifle could be very handy......

I don't know if it's properly organized or not, but here is my 1895GBL (bottom) pictured w/ my 336BL. For the time being, it's wearing a cheap Bushnell 1x4 shotgun scope I took off of an unused slug gun, until I can decide which optic I want. I'm leaning towards a good 1x4 or 1x5 scope w/ illuminated dot. Both rifles have 18.5" bbls, laminate stocks and 6+1 capacity. I've added an EWG base, Burris Zee QD rings and a hammer extender to each rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife