Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P320RX

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    It shot great. Now with the RMR it shoots fantastic. It is a face shooter without having to replace Slide, barrel, trigger, etc.

Just like the whole Ford and Chevy debate.

Point being you need to find a reliable pistol that works for you. As to the RMR it is a lot of money, but for self defense spend the money is worth it. Also As Gabe said in another spot the Leupolds are good. I have no knowledge of the Shield.
    First point. What are your group size and at what distances?
    Can you guarantee a face shot at 50 yards and push out to well beyond 100 yards on body shots?

Second point. I pick different brands and models depending on how I want them to perform. If I want muscle I pick American, if I want reliability I pick Asian, if I want performance I choose European. So, when I translate that to firearms, If I want reliable I choose polymer frame and make all the upgrades to turn it into a street racer of a Honda Accord. If I want tightest performance I'd want a 226 legion with an RMR (euro-sport import). If I want a muscle car I'll go with my tuned 1911 double stack (American muscle but sacrificing reliability and durability).

Polymer frames are inherently more reliable due to the tolerances being loser. Different brands get those tolerances in different places which gives them different "feels" but I would say that no polymer frame pistol without after market parts will have a higher potential of accuracy out of the box than a fully equipped pistol where the barrels, slides, and internals are all fitted and have tighter/more consistent than factory tolerances.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying your heater is junk or anything just providing perspective.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Greg,

I admit I was being sort of a smart ass. I hear the Glock is gods gift to.... Then in the same breath "You need to replace, this and that". What you said above is exactly how I see it. Mostly I have problems when people get stuck behind one type or brand and say "This is the only one that will work".

50- 100 yards. I am far from being as skilled as you or quite a few others, so consistently I would say no as I have not put in enough practice as I should have. I seem to remember Brent has shot his 320, 357 sig out that far. I was not there nor do I remember the details, so I don't want to make shit up.

Martin
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Yeah...we also shot at 100 with J frame snubies but that doesn't make it anyone's first choice.

A stock weapon is a stock weapon. Glock is a great place to start BECAUSE you can upgrade everything. A base model Mustang with a four banger is not the same car as a Mustang Cobra with a 5.0 engine. That you can do this with a Glock is the reason people opt for it. You cannot do that with a SIG and anyone that tells you it is perfect out of the box is absolutely filled with feces. With the SIG, what you have is all you will ever have. With a Glock, what you have can be upgraded into a very special weapon.

Insofar as SIG optics, they are in the same category as Burris and Vortex. Not even in the same league as an RMR.

If you want an optimized, best there is weapon, YOU will ned to build it because the factory won't do it that way. And it is far easier to do that with Glock than SIG.

Greg,

I admit I was being sort of a smart ass. I hear the Glock is gods gift to.... Then in the same breath "You need to replace, this and that". What you said above is exactly how I see it. Mostly I have problems when people get stuck behind one type or brand and say "This is the only one that will work".

50- 100 yards. I am far from being as skilled as you or quite a few others, so consistently I would say no as I have not put in enough practice as I should have. I seem to remember Brent has shot his 320, 357 sig out that far. I was not there nor do I remember the details, so I don't want to make shit up.

Martin
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Greg,

Martin
    I do not have a 320 in 357 Sig. I believe Yondering does.

I do not believe that Glock is "Perfection" right out of the box. However, what Glock has perfected is simplification. Even *I* can work on a Glock. Other striker guns may have a nicer this or that, but nothing is as simple as a Glock. Nothing is as easy to upgrade as a Glock.

I think with the right parts, a Glock can be made as good as a striker gun can be. It's never going to have a 1911 trigger, but it can have a very, very nice trigger.

I have a Sig 226 in 357 Sig. I wanted to use it for a particular project...but sourcing the parts for what I wanted to do was difficult and expensive. But that was easily and economically accomplished with a Glock. It wasn't what I wanted from the outset, but it was what could be done for a reasonable amount and in the end I was very happy with it.

That 226 by the way is a great gun...but it wasn't perfect out of the box either.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Guys who say the out of the box gun is perfect = guys who have run out of money on the out of the box gun and are justifying not improving it.
    Gabe Suarez

"If you want an optimized, best there is weapon, YOU will need to build it because the factory won't".
    Dang.... that's it right there.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Guys who say the out of the box gun is perfect = guys who have run out of money on the out of the box gun and are justifying not improving it.

I wasn't saying is was completely perfect out of the box, just that I didn't have to replace half the pistol. Could it be improved yes anything that is mass produced can use work. Please read what I said because I modified it for an RMR. Also I said I agree with what Greg . You are kind of jumping on me after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I do not have a 320 in 357 Sig. I believe Yondering does.

I do not believe that Glock is "Perfection" right out of the box. However, what Glock has perfected is simplification. Even *I* can work on a Glock. Other striker guns may have a nicer this or that, but nothing is as simple as a Glock. Nothing is as easy to upgrade as a Glock.

I think with the right parts, a Glock can be made as good as a striker gun can be. It's never going to have a 1911 trigger, but it can have a very, very nice trigger.

I have a Sig 226 in 357 Sig. I wanted to use it for a particular project...but sourcing the parts for what I wanted to do was difficult and expensive. But that was easily and economically accomplished with a Glock. It wasn't what I wanted from the outset, but it was what could be done for a reasonable amount and in the end I was very happy with it.

That 226 by the way is a great gun...but it wasn't perfect out of the box either.
    Yup that makes sense.

I wasn't saying is was completely perfect out of the box, just that I didn't have to replace half the pistol. Could it be improved yes anything that is mass produced can use work. Please read what I said because I modified it for an RMR. Also I said I agree with what Greg . You are kind of jumping on me after the fact.
    You know what....never mind...enjoy your SIG

Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 06-12-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Gabe Suarez

Some of the guys get a little tired of repeating the same stuff over and over again. Especially after thoroughly testing and proving and putting money where their mouths are. They produce the best yet are questioned by those who seek their experience.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 06-13-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016