Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Take home message; pistols can stop an attacking bear.
    From the link. It gives several instances of 9 mm luger parabellum loads stopping bears. The 9 mm has a good reputation for deep penetration when fmj and hard bullets are used. Even a smaller bullet if it penetrates into a vital area will give a bear a very bad day.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Ha ha, I was doing the same thing to a friend a few months ago. He had a new AR in .223 that he was wanting to put in some work with. He would start to get serious with it on the silhouette and I would whack it with my 450 Bushmaster and game over until reset. This was a not all that robust homemade stand mind you. His kid got the biggest kick out of that. Haven't been shooting with him since,,, hmmm, I was nice enough to jog out and reset myself even.