Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I would caveat your mention of the draw. Unless it's a serripitious draw I make the same draw stroke every time.
    You are correct. An artifact of too much open carry in uniform.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

But Sam raises a good point. I was just talking about the cadence of fire, but there is gear shifting with just about everything we do.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

My POV is the mechanics of getting the pistol out are the same, but there is no need for a quick draw unless there is need for a quick draw. Fast motion is easily picked up by everyone...and its not just a matter of stealth or surreptitious draw...it is a matter of control. If you are in control you will move quickly but no need to move as quickly as when being shot at. It simply doesn't help/
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I was referring more to training than practice. Situation will always dictate tactics.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

As the adage goes, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. This very true for draws.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    As the adage goes, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. This very true for draws.
    Here's a better way to explain that: http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...-of-speed.html
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post

ehhhhhhhhhhh....... ish. I wrote an article on this a while back. It's more like "Deliberate is smooth, Deliberate is fast"
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.