Thread: Aimpoint ACRO

Default Aimpoint ACRO

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

It's Huge!

It looks like it has to mount to a rail so its pretty useless...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Looks like a poor pistol choice based on the mount. Could be great on a rifle.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

So look kids...if this was a "Trijicon Killer", and boy have we seen a pack of those in the last few years...all I would have to do is tweak the slide cut to accept this optic and BAM...a Suarez Aimpoint Slide.

My take on this is Mexican chefs can't serve sushi. Aimpoint has always made big optics for rifle uses. Now they are making a big rifle optic for pistol use. Kinda like a Sashimi Burrito...it doesn't quite make sense.

Its big. They will try to tell us it is small because its smallER than the RMR...but to kill Trijicon they ned to make something better...not "almost just as good".

It will last one year before a battery needs changing. Well..OK..to its credit its easier to change a battery on the Aimpoint than the RMR...but is that a concern anymore? I recall when Leupold made a big deal of it and I really don't see too many Leupolds on pistols anymore. I think the reluctant adopters are realizing that taking the optic off, changing battery and replacing is not that big a deal anymore...specially it it results in a lower profile lower mounted unit.

It mounts on...a rail. Again...lower mounting is better. The need to mill a rail...or mount a rail and then add the Aimpoint mades the addition of it just as involved as anything else. It must mount either from the bottom, or onto a rail from the side...not from the top like so many others.

And then there is the length of the thing. I think this will not allow for a rear sight. I could be wrong but it that is the case, it is dead from the beginning. Oh...and I will bet it matches Trijicon's price as well making it a poor first or second...or even third choice.

To succeed in the red dot market a Trijicon Killer must

1). Use Trijicon's footprint
    2). Have Trijicon's Battery life
    3). No instant on instant off stupidity
    4). Undercut Trijicon's price...by just a little.

Nobody has done that yet, and the self absorbed arrogance of the large companies will keep the status quo the status quo long into the future.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    The holy grail to pistol optical sight dominance is in the reticle design. So far, no one has ventured beyond a simple dot.
    Well...they have. Holosun makes a variable which is very fast...but suffers from the same issues of auto-off. Trijicon and Leupold have the penchant for triangles and some here like that. I think an actual etched reticle would be all but unusable under most circumstances. A small window optic some 2.5 feet away from the eye will not lend itself to CMR/Mildot type reticles like the would on a large window optic close to the eye.

In truth Trijicon has the top of the hill and while I described how to unseat them...nobody seems inclined.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters