Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE SUAREZ PDW

Know what...screw it. Stupid posts removed.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've been spending a lot of time with the Stakeout the last several months and haven't been as focused on the PDW. The Stakeout rides in the truck and gets quite a workout with me in the dojo when no one else is around.

But besides the Glock on my belt, it's the PDW that gets carried the most. I don't carry a laptop bag everywhere, but it gets carried a lot. I don't even need to go out of my way to do it because my responsibilities mean a computer is with me most of the time.

I know the scenarios where pulling out the PDW are not the most likely; most gun problems will call for drawing the pistol on your body.

Nonetheless, I don't mind having what is essentially a mini-rifle with me when I have the opportunity to carry it.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

When the Endo/Shockwave brace appeared here on WT, I ordered one and put on a spare RMR G17 (that had the early milled Lone Wolf slides). It was a pleasant surprise, light and easy to wield, especially after running some 147 grain ammo through the suppressor. This PDW, without the suppressor, fits nicely in a non-descript daypack, which makes a very easy traveling companion. This is not a holster carry machine, so bag carry was always unchambered - an unsatisfactory situation.

Finally, I had SI add the frame safety, enlarged mag release, flat trigger, charging handle, night sights and Supermatch slide. All these upgrades are very nice, I find the manual safety makes this a truly useful weapon. I sometimes think adding a sling might be helpful, but a folding hinge is definitely a good idea.

20180426_152406.jpg

Last night, my wife and her coworkers had a ladies night out downtown to an MLB baseball game. That meant a late night pickup at her office. As the clock neared the stroke of midnight, having this PDW next to me in the truck was a confidence booster as I greeted the Suburban loaded with nice, happy, unarmed ladies arriving in the dimly lighted parking lot.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9