Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will say that I have no issues with using every advantage possible to attain goals, whether sports specific or mil-pol oriented as long as one does so educated on all the factors. Lance Armstrong is an exceptional individual and athlete whose accomplishments were damaged by the moral taliban. That murder of excellence is unacceptable and he should have simply given them the finger.

There is an emerging field of study and medicine that is labelled functional medicine. The goals of this is to keep you functional into your older years and not to "age gracefully". I think the "longevity at all costs" world view is wrong. Nobody wants to spend their 80s in a nursing home, feeble and dependent when they could have remained fit strong, etc. into those years. And if the price is you die at 80 rather than survive to 90, well...lots of guys would take that deal., is likely about

But the caveat is that the right way to do this involves capable functional doctors, and periodic blood testing to maintain optimal blood values. A mild "stabilization program", between testing and dosages, etc., is likely a couple of thousand per year. Its not a drive to TJ and buy dessicated horse cock tablets from the homeboy at the pharmacy. Done by professionals who share your goal, it can yield serious benefits.

Just my opinion as I wait for the plane.

You are correct, sir.

As both a physician and HRT patient I clearly see the benefits of appropriate bio-identical hormone replacement for both men and women. It is critical to begin the discussion with the statement that synthetic hormones are dangerous based on indisputable science and clinical experience and should not be used. In my opinion, the vast majority of men over 45 (50 for sure) will be happier and healthier if they are taking testosterone supplement. 10 mils of depo-testosterone costs $41.00 at Walgreens and the standard dose is 1ml per week (that's 4 bucks a week). It should be injected once per week and blood levels in the vicinity 1000 are easily maintained. This is where things happen. Your doc may say the your blood level is "normal" for a 50 or 60 year old. The question is why you would want the test level to be normal. You want it to be where it was when you were 17. There are a number of factors that can enhance the affect of the testosterone like HCG/B12 and arimidex but most physicians will just go with the straight test. It goes with saying that proper nutrition and exercise are important in enhancing and prolonging the "health span".

Gabe is right that a proper male bio-identical HRP will run around a couple of grand per year and can indeed yield serious benefits.

In addition, please note that a couple of drops of testosterone a week will turn most sexually indifferent menopausal 50 year old women into horndogs in about 10 days.

This of course applies to improved quality of life for older men. The use of steroids to increase the lethality and ruggedness of young soldiers is a whole different issue. An investigation into the Aussie program would shed valuable information on how it played out in the real world.

Cheers,

I agree on the bio identical point. Yes synthetic and bio-identical are both technically hormones...but kinda like a HiPoint and a Suarez Glock are both pistols. If one does not have the time to become educated and can't spare the cash, then don't do it. Age gracefully and fade away as society expects. Those who want excellence in life, this is a big deal.

If you have a tubby doc that tells you something is normal for your age, flip him the bird and find another doc. And don't be limited by insurance. I make way too much money to be able to benefit from insurance thanks to american communism so I pay my own way. Like eye surgery, weekly massages, a physical therapist, etc, having a doc that has your same world view and expectations of himself that you have is important and well worth it. While other men your age are looking forward to the shuffleboard game (as spectators) after park checkers, you will be wondering just how strong an old motherf*cker can be.

1000 tes is a good number and where things begin to take effect...I will leave the details out as children may be reading the forum (Nichols take note). I will say my muscle mass has increased and bodyfat levels have dropped. But this is a case where more is not better. Too high test can create issues. In my studies and discussions with HRT docs, once things drift north of 1500 it could get weird. While I don't know that rhoid rage exists, excessive T can shorten your fuse. If you are already tending toward short fuses...well.

Same with estrogen or estradiol. The tendency is to kill it, but that is a huge mistake. Keeping E below 40 is a good idea but personally I would not get excited if you are at 45 or even 50 and have no symptoms of excessive E. Some docs like to give out Arimidex and Letrozole like candy. Personally I would avoid Aromatase Inhibitors unless absolutely necessary. Everything is about balance and men need Estrogen (albeit far lower than Testosterone) and Progesterone. Read up on this....do your research so that you are informed on this stuff.

Going haphazard and careless is stupid, specially since the info is out there for anyone to find.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Anyone tried HGH?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting
    Advanced AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting
    Guerilla Sniper I
    CQB: Fighting in Structures

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Came back from lab work yesterday. level at 875 using sub C injection. All is working well and stabilized level. Staying on sub c for now.
    If you don't mind me asking, are you using enth. or cyp? How often do you inject and what dose? I know everyone responds differently.
    thanks for info,
    Crush your enemies...

Inspired by all this, got my fasting (serum?) T tested: 704.

At 64, weighing cost-benefit. Money is not the problem.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

278. And a wakeup.

So it has been three months since I started this. I will get another blood test tomorrow. Mid blood level T test (July) was a whopping 1250. High levels of T are not without drawbacks however so the "higher-higher-more" is not optimal and is more like a low level steroid cycle with its potential associated complications.

I will not be redoing the pellets for a couple of reasons. One is that it is difficult to titrate dosages. The second is convenience. They are both associated. Too much T will lead to higher E...which is not good. Taking AI has issues in that if you crash your E, you will be quite miserable until it returns to normal. Everything is about balance of these levels, and I expect achieving the right balance will be easier with injected T rather than the supplements.

More to follow, but I will say that doing this is very much worth the cost and effort.

Which image do you want to be represented by?

Gabriel Suarez

gabe-mom-granitelake.jpg

I haven't done bodybuilding pics, but here is a pic of me with my mom earlier this month (August)

180# bodyweight. Bodyfat has dropped to about 12% and muscle mass increased. There are other benefits that gentlemen of my generation do not discuss.

Yeah...worth it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting
    Advanced AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting
    Guerilla Sniper I
    CQB: Fighting in Structures

I've been injecting testosterone for years, I'm at 875 7 days after injecting, I do it every Monday, 1 mil. Life is good! Wife loves it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I've been injecting testosterone for years, I'm at 875 7 days after injecting, I do it every Monday, 1 mil. Life is good! Wife loves it. ;-)
    Age, ht, wt? (You, not wife...)
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)