Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    And all are from excessive usage and incorrect monitoring. Estradiol must be monitored and controlled. No broscience...but rather modern functional medicine.

There is no Keltec economy here, nor discounts. If you dont have the coin, dont do it.

Yearly cost from a legit doc will be yearly in the realm $1500 to $3000...ish...depending on your needs.

If you are walking around with T below 700, you will benefit from this.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

On board, nothing much to add. I'm at a point in life I want the best for just about everything I'm interested in and it's only money, I'll just go make more.

Has anyone here done the bloodwork recommended by Stan Efferding and an in depth analysis of the results? I think it's some sort of male specific (or female) athletic workup. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger but not sure I'll be able to interpret it, thinking I will probably get it done a couple of quarters in a row then take it in to the type of doc discussed here (a lifter).

30 and never done them but I don't have a problem with them either. A good friend who is almost 80 took all sorts of steroids and can probably wipe the floor with most high schoolers.

My biggest concern with any supplement, especially with something like steroids, is source/quality. I avoid taking anything that's unknown source or third-world.

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Another substance to consider is stem cell therapy. If this research is valid (illegal in USA), so many injuries can be reverse by simply injecting adult (embryonic) stem cells into soft tissue near joints, and the muscles, tendons, etc., grow like they’re 17 years old again.
    Having a biotech background, I'm very curious to see how this develops.

Another supplement that showed promise was HGH (Human-Growth-Hormone) injections. Not sure what happened to it but last I recall it was quite effective. Only downside was the $1,000 per injection cost and getting it once to twice a month.

Gabe, I agree 100%

Bog, go on T Nation and look for the TRT Forum. Read all the stickies and learn all you can. On there, you will see the labs you need to assess and the optimal levels as well. The hard part, depending on where you live, is finding a good doc. In addition to Endos' you can search for functional medicine docs.

I travel 250 mile round trip to see the best doc in the state. With this there are no shortcuts or deals.
    Gabriel Suarez

I am 2 months post kidney transplant and part of the initial regimen for getting you well and back to life is a mass of steroids at the beginning and then a step-down over an 8 week period. 48 hours after surgery, I felt like I could climb a mountain, shoot a battalion of bad guys and then d*ck-punch my way through a sorority. I felt amazing. Now I am on a low dose with some other drugs and I have been missing my kettlebells and I am only now getting back to them. I feel great now after my workouts and my sleep is very regular.

I never thought I would want TRT, but after that ride on the stuff they gave me at the hospital, I am going to be making some appointments for consultations and asking some very direct questions regarding TRT and how it would affect me.

I think if you use them as intended, and be an active part of how you take them by asking questions and seeking the help of experts, I think they can be helpful for a great many things; including the ones we have talked about here.

For me, the juice is worth the squeeze.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

So, find a fit endocrinologist and then call the office for an appointment and say what? Is there certain phrasing to use so that you don’t look like you’re drug seeking, but rather you’re just interested in top performance and health? How do you turn the search into something taken seriously?

Do you just ask to be tested first or can a regular general practitioner do that?
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

I told mine the truth. I said that Im in a business where my clients are usually male, 18- 28, and usually want to kill me when I provide services. I followed with I am a bit older than they are and must be able to compete at their level to stay alive, so I need to be as close to the high end as possible.

I also highlighted symptoms of increased recovery time, tiredness, and lower sex drive (didnt tell him what my standard for "lower" was). I said that I dont care if my balls shrink, and would rather play hard for 30 years than coast for 40. The doc took some labs and then green lighted TRT. You can usually find docs specializing in the field in most major cities (mine focused on athletes so he got the message)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    So, find a fit endocrinologist and then call the office for an appointment and say what? Is there certain phrasing to use so that you don’t look like you’re drug seeking, but rather you’re just interested in top performance and health? How do you turn the search into something taken seriously?

Do you just ask to be tested first or can a regular general practitioner do that?

I don't really know but from what I've seen on the YouTubes, mostly through Mark Bell's channel (Supertraining) and MuscleInsider's "Ask the Doc", it might be "ant-aging" treatments that you'd want to initially look in to, then you can be specific about what you're after once you're in the office. Per JimD I've started poking around T Nation and there's a bunch of info there as well that looks like it will help get started with the right doc.

SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL.....

On TNation Today - https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/testosterone-toolbox
    Gabriel Suarez