Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Controlling E is crucial. As Gabe said, the leaner you are, and if you don't push T too high, E can be managed without constant AI use. Also, you need to know you. With me, if E goes a little high I won't sleep well and will wake up in the middle if the night to pee. Also my weight belt will feel tight. I use 1/4 a pill probably every couple of weeks and try to keep my T around 1000.

Interesting on the insomnia deal. I have been having that a bit as well and suspected E issues. Which AI are you using?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This isn't something I've had to deal with often in my years of clinical nutrition research, so I looked into it. Looks like the following foods inhibit aromatase:

Olive oil (I only use organic, first cold pressed, best you can get)
    Coconut oil
    Avocado
    Organic poultry
    Wild caught salmon
    Wild game
    Grass fed beef
    Broccoli
    Garlic
    Onion
    Lemon
    Lime
    Turmeric
    Fermented food (sauerkraut, kimchee)
    Omega-3 fish oil

And so on and so forth. I eat all this stuff regularly. So I should be good. Getting leaner by the day, so that helps. I'm guessing I should be good.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

I'm using Anastrazole, but like I said, very limited. Before doing trt my E was bottomed out at 9 and sleep, gains in the gym, mood, etc sucked big time. For me, when E is too high or low I have sleep issues.

My main issue was my thyroid and T was tanked mainly d/t the thyroid. Anyone reading this thread, make sure you research thyroid issues and rule those out. I started T injections before getting my thyroid squared away and the T had zero effect. Once I got the thyroid restarted, with no other changes in The dosing, my T level shot up to 1200.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I'm using Anastrazole, but like I said, very limited. Before doing trt my E was bottomed out at 9 and sleep, gains in the gym, mood, etc sucked big time. For me, when E is too high or low I have sleep issues.

My main issue was my thyroid and T was tanked mainly d/t the thyroid. Anyone reading this thread, make sure you research thyroid issues and rule those out. I started T injections before getting my thyroid squared away and the T had zero effect. Once I got the thyroid restarted, with no other changes in The dosing, my T level shot up to 1200.
    I use Anastrozole (a.k.a. Arimidex) also but I cut the one milligram pill into four pieces and take one of those .25 mg pieces on Monday and Thursday when I inject for a total of 1/2 mgs per week.
    My TRT dose is 200mgs of Testosterone Cypionate per week divided into two 100mg doses on Monday morning and Thursday night. I have had some minor sleep issues too. Mine manifest as being able to fall asleep with no problem but then I awaken about four hours later and feel wide awake as if I had slept 12 hours.
    My E2 has fluctuated up and down but I have dialed it in a bit with the low dose of Arimidex.
    I have considered doing daily injections of 20 milligrams per day which would be a total of 140mgs of Cypionate per week because I have corresponded with guys who say that when you inject daily your total and free testosterone levels will be higher with a smaller dosages of test, and more importantly your E2 levels will be low because you won't have the peaks and valleys between separated injections that cause Test to convert to E2. The guys I've talked to who do daily injections say there E2 stays in normal ranges with no AI and their hematocrit also never rises above normal either. However their total Testosterone stays at about 1500 ng/dl, thus giving them a better anabolic effect in the gym, etc..
    Last edited by Medvetz63; 09-30-2018 at 06:10 PM.

What sorts of blood work or other screens do you guys recommend before and during TRT?
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    What sorts of blood work or other screens do you guys recommend before and during TRT?
    T Nation forums has the answers you seek.

Don't go by TNation so much as there is a big Rhoid influence there. They tend to overdo things and that is not quite the focus we have.

My advice is find a doc that speaks your language. Remember that he works for you...so if his focus is not your focus, find another one.

"80 year old badass" should be the words, not "Age gracefully". He will suggest the tests and get you in the right direction. My idea is they will have Total T, Free T, Estradiol, as well as perhaps Thyroid. Its all about balance and unless you are a doc, not something you should do alone.
    Gabriel Suarez

I get what you're saying about T-Nation, but I did find this article from them worth bookmarking and reading a few times, gave me a good understanding that made talking to my doc easier.

The Complete Guide to T Replacement

Articles on their blog are good...bro science in the forum...not as good.
    Gabriel Suarez