Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    I've been doing HRT for about 7 weeks. Last week my dr tested my level and it came in at just shy of 1000. When I started I was at 125. My E level was a t 79 last week. Dr has put me on a blocker and wants to reduce it to about 35. He said it will take about 5 weeks to regulate it to that level. Overall, I feel amazing since I have started the therapy. The mental clarity and ability to focus has been huge benefit to me.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

I’m 46, 5’10”, 275 and losing. 1750cal/day and weights/treadmill. Wife is actually kicking ass too, she’s lost 15 and looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I've been doing HRT for about 7 weeks. Last week my dr tested my level and it came in at just shy of 1000. When I started I was at 125. My E level was a t 79 last week. Dr has put me on a blocker and wants to reduce it to about 35. He said it will take about 5 weeks to regulate it to that level. Overall, I feel amazing since I have started the therapy. The mental clarity and ability to focus has been huge benefit to me.
    Good for you. Watch the E...going too low will be bad. Watch the dosage on the AI.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Good for you. Watch the E...going too low will be bad. Watch the dosage on the AI.
    Ok thanks, will do.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

Can someone give an overview on the differences between "taking steroids" and repairing low T levels with TRT or something? In other words when I think of taking steroids I just think of athletes and bodybuilders trying to bulk up and have more endurance/strength. But when I think of TRT or taking testosterone, it's because the guy tested low and they want to increase it to get the body more "normal" or above where they would normally be for their age.

So my question is, are these the same thing? Are both just "taking steroids"?

If there is a moral question, it's only when people are competing in something and claim to not be juicing when they are. Just don't use it to cheat and lie about it! And TRT to get low T levels up just sounds like normal medicine to me, like taking Vit C to get your Vit C levels back to normal. Unless I'm missing something here?

That said, let's say someone tests and their T levels are normal. So taking these would be considered "enhancement" but if their T levels are low, doing it would just be fixing a medical condition? Where is the line drawn?

I'm just not clear. I'm closer to 40 than 30, but never even had a medical checkup before. Wife thinks it's time to start doing them. Regardless, my sleep isn't the best (some insomnia), and I feel like my thinking is a bit more foggy, maybe even short term memory issues. Time flies, everything merges together, I can hardly remember what happened last week. Could be gut related, food sensitivities, gluten, etc. I'm torn about what 'kind' of doctor to get checked up with. What sorts of tests to run, and saving cash.
    "Inspirationally pithy quote"
    -Dead dude

Had my blood test last week about 4 weeks after my pellets. Serum T1469 and E 53.4 Both a bit high and my ass was so sore I couldn't workout for a week. CoastalCop's discussion of his trial of SQ injections has me thinking about going to that or IM. Like Gabe mentioned, there are too many highs and lows with the pellets and I'd like to achieve a steady state. Any particular brands people recommend?
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

So multi-facteded post. I will do my best. In essence a steroid cycle is like TRT on meth. Way more than would be considered "medical theraputic treatment". I have no issues with people using steroids. The entire anti-roid thing is an example of western hypocricy at its worst.

The T-replacement is like optimizing a stock Glock...or adding a turbo as examples. There is a great deal of debate about what is low T. Is it below 200? Is it below 500? Is it what is really low....or what the medical concensus is for fat old patients. What I will say is having higher - to a point - is better. And it is dependant on the individual as well.

If you are not sleeping well, having a difficult time staying lean and gaining muscle...and your T is 500, maybe you could benefit from having it at 750. Most men, though their public humble mask may prevent admitting it, would prefer to be lean and with big muscles than having a soft dad bod. And it is easier to do that if t levels are higher. When a guy says, I don't want big muscles, I think to myself "bullllllllshit".

Everyman is immortal in his own mind until about age 40. Most medical issues that befall the after-40 crowd can be fixed, cured, or mitigated by early detection. Not going to the doc doesn't make one more manly...just more stupid. I go every year for a full blood work up that checks everything. If the doc thinks I need his finger in my arse, then that is what we do. We check BP regularly (mine was 110/75 yesterday when i went in for another blood test).

Modern functional medicine...which differs from the traditional "medicate everything and age gracefully" crap that most people accept...by focusing on keeping you a bad ass fit, strong dude until the day you die. This is not free of course and until the communist manifesto that is obamacare is killed, it will be more costly than the graceful aging docs.

If you are not 100% mentally and physically, are lean and muscular, and keep your wife exhausted...go get a functional doc to look at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    Can someone give an overview on the differences between "taking steroids" and repairing low T levels with TRT or something? In other words when I think of taking steroids I just think of athletes and bodybuilders trying to bulk up and have more endurance/strength. But when I think of TRT or taking testosterone, it's because the guy tested low and they want to increase it to get the body more "normal" or above where they would normally be for their age.

If there is a moral question, it's only when people are competing in something and claim to not be juicing when they are. Just don't use it to cheat and lie about it! And TRT to get low T levels up just sounds like normal medicine to me, like taking Vit C to get your Vit C levels back to normal. Unless I'm missing something here?

That said, let's say someone tests and their T levels are normal. So taking these would be considered "enhancement" but if their T levels are low, doing it would just be fixing a medical condition? Where is the line drawn?

I'm just not clear. I'm closer to 40 than 30, but never even had a medical checkup before. Wife thinks it's time to start doing them. Regardless, my sleep isn't the best (some insomnia), and I feel like my thinking is a bit more foggy, maybe even short term memory issues. Time flies, everything merges together, I can hardly remember what happened last week. Could be gut related, food sensitivities, gluten, etc. I'm torn about what 'kind' of doctor to get checked up with. What sorts of tests to run, and saving cash.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

What Gabe said sums it it up very well. Do your research and know the content as well or better than the Doc. Find a functional Doc and monitor yourself. A huge part is Estradiol regulation. Being lean and in shape also helps in this area as well. If your E is bottomed out or sky high you will feel like crap. Knowing the signs is really important to adjusting for it.

This has been a most interesting thread. As a 40 year old who has to keep up with guys in their 20's, it's definitely relevant to my interests. And as Gabe said, fuck getting old gracefully. I'm going to be in Bulgaria for a month, and it shouldn't be too hard to find a doc to run some tests here.

Thanks for all the info, gents.
    Last edited by MichaelJames; 09-21-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post

TRT is the addition of exogenous testosterone to the body. It is the exact same mechanism as 'taking steroids', except the dosage is, of course, much lower. On top of that, most steroid users would eventually 'graduate' to using other forms of synthetic hormones that are more potent than plain old testosterone, whereas these are not used for TRT (at least not yet).

If you think about, for example, physical sports, TRT confers an advantage in that you have an artificially stable and constant level of testosterone. In normal, healthy individuals, testosterone levels will vary depending on rest, sleep, training, what we eat, stress, and every other factor. A TRT user will have the same amount regardless. This could be an unfair advantage in sports.

Personally I would not care about whether or not it is considered enhancement as long as you are not engaged in a drug-tested sport. If you are, then there are very few of them in which you would get a therapeutic use exemption for TRT regardless.