An article to read. Interesting stuff.

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/sold...hould-juice-up

Now...lets discuss. Steroids.

Moral or not...tell me why either way.

Advantage or not...same thing...why.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

It’s no more or less moral than all the other garbage they force upon you “for your health”.

The reduced recovery time when using AAS would be a force multiplier in and of itself. The additional strength and endurance gains would be a bonus on top of that.

Overall I’m a supporter of this but only where it makes sense. Giving every 18 year old testosterone injections comes with some long term downsides (like the possibility of life long dependency). But the 30+ year old guys who aren’t as durable as they once were could absolutely benefit from this being an available option as opposed to a taboo.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

For adults (bone growth capped) , you CAN find a doc that will help you set up a cycle. And if it improves your ability, go for it. I tune my car and motorcycle, improve my manufactured weapons, why NOT improve myself using as many of the means as I had at my disposal.

The whole nazi thing was amphetamines, not steroids, though they may have experimented with those as well.

For .Mil .Leo steroids should be made available to those in a combat MOS who want them by medical with cycle oversight. And in those specialized units the selection standard should reflect the best of the unit. Yes it might create the necessity to juice to qual. at selection, but you make lots of decisions and trade offs (deploy status, extended TDY, damage to the body, etc.) when you elect to attend selection in the first place. This is just another decision.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

In the t-nation article, it states:
    Take "Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce," for instance. It contains 1654 calories and 67 plumbing-clogging grams of fat.)
    {edit: deleted comment due to my making a wrong assumption.}

Apart from that and from my amateur point of view, I can see some benefit to sterod use, but can also see a lot of potential immediate and future downsides. I have to wonder if good nutrition and fitness/conditioning can negate the benefits of steroids.

I don’t know, but it is an interesting subject. And I write this having seen a few people (indirect relatives) deal with issues of steroid abuse and roid-rage and lack of emotional control.
    Last edited by cyclist; 06-06-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: corrected understanding

I think the only moral question would be for professional athletes. As I've said before, for those who are approaching mid life and beyond there aren't any down sides to their use as long as it's not abused. I've used them for inflammation control and injury recovery, and am not opposed to using them as a performance enhancer if your T is approaching lower levels.

1 thing I noticed when on an over the counter T booster, when I got off of it I noticed an immediate loss of energy, increased soreness, and put a little chub on. I'm going to have my levels checked because I think my T levels might be waning.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    In the t-nation article, it states:

So I looked up some Beef ravioli in meat sauce, one mre, and it shows 370 calories and 8 grams of fat per serving. The numbers in the article are for 6-8 servings. When I find discrepancies like this in an article or book I tend to discount any other numbers used in the article.

He’s probably talking about everything included in the MRE where you only looked at the main course. All MREs are around 15-1800 calories if you eat everything.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I think the only moral question would be for professional athletes. As I've said before, for those who are approaching mid life and beyond there aren't any down sides to their use as long as it's not abused. I've used them for inflammation control and injury recovery, and am not opposed to using them as a performance enhancer if your T is approaching lower levels.

1 thing I noticed when on an over the counter T booster, when I got off of it I noticed an immediate loss of energy, increased soreness, and put a little chub on. I'm going to have my levels checked because I think my T levels might be waning.
    A Chub is the benefit for a t booster ;). And bro when we hit 40 see the Doc and get on the T it makes a HUGE difference overall.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I will say that I have no issues with using every advantage possible to attain goals, whether sports specific or mil-pol oriented as long as one does so educated on all the factors. Lance Armstrong is an exceptional individual and athlete whose accomplishments were damaged by the moral taliban. That murder of excellence is unacceptable and he should have simply given them the finger.

There is an emerging field of study and medicine that is labelled functional medicine. The goals of this is to keep you functional into your older years and not to "age gracefully". I think the "longevity at all costs" world view is wrong. Nobody wants to spend their 80s in a nursing home, feeble and dependent when they could have remained fit strong, etc. into those years. And if the price is you die at 80 rather than survive to 90, well...lots of guys would take that deal., is likely about

But the caveat is that the right way to do this involves capable functional doctors, and periodic blood testing to maintain optimal blood values. A mild "stabilization program", between testing and dosages, etc., is likely a couple of thousand per year. Its not a drive to TJ and buy dessicated horse cock tablets from the homeboy at the pharmacy. Done by professionals who share your goal, it can yield serious benefits.

Just my opinion as I wait for the plane.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    He’s probably talking about everything included in the MRE where you only looked at the main course. All MREs are around 15-1800 calories if you eat everything.
    thank you, that makes more sense then.

And yes...I take non-over the counter supplements.
    Gabriel Suarez