Default Pulled the trigger

Finally bought a new truck. Said I’d never get black again but got a smokin’ deal on a new old stock ‘17. Told my wife for the savings I can get a lot of bikini car washes. One of us thought that was funny.

Been saving for a while but ended up financing 100%. Payments chap my ass but with no plans to trade it in, cash is better off invested playing the compound interest game. Dave Ramsay wouldn’t approve but it’s a luxury I can afford. God has blessed me tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTA View Post
    Finally bought a new truck. Said I’d never get black again but got a smokin’ deal on a new old stock ‘17. Told my wife for the savings I can get a lot of bikini car washes. One of us thought that was funny.

Been saving for a while but ended up financing 100%. Payments chap my ass but with no plans to trade it in, cash is better off invested playing the compound interest game. Dave Ramsay wouldn’t approve but it’s a luxury I can afford. God has blessed me tremendously.

She’s a beauty!

I looked at some new Ford F150s and about fainted at the prices. Twice the amount I paid for my house!!!

Truck looks nice!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    I looked at some new Ford F150s and about fainted at the prices. Twice the amount I paid for my house!!!

Truck looks nice!
    Yeah they don’t exactly give em away...

I buy roughly one new vehicle a year for my work fleet too, and cycle the old ones out. Just base model work vans or trucks, but some are 3/4 tons or diesels. Prices are ridiculous, but gotta have em. I just buy new. Time in the shop is a hassle and days/time lost.

"Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Beautiful truck!

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

VERY nice!
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

Congrats!
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTA View Post
    I just buy new. Time in the shop is a hassle and days/time lost.
    I bought my first truck new the year I joined the Army and the fact that I went 190,000 miles and only replaced batteries and brakes is what makes me want to always buy new. No one I know who decided to buy what they could pay cash for has been that lucky.

Sorry it’s a Chevy so you won’t know what that’s like but it is good looking. Lol
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

ummmm....it's a Chevy.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

I plan to drive it til it's worthless, and I traded in my last Silverado with 220,000 miles and it still ran strong, so...

We've got Chevys and Fords in our work fleet and they're honestly about the same. Although we've had a couple Chevys run past 200k and none of the Fords have made it that long.