Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Brent, thanks for your endorsing XDs, that's very impressive accuracy for a medium size pistol.

My most impressive feat with a handgun was with the same style gun as these NPE we are discussing, a Beretta .22, model 70 I think. Albeit, with a very un-NPE 6 inch barrel. I was 13 and shot my first shot ever (handgun) over the edge of the hill I was on, not using the sights.

I just estimated to drop the bullet rainbow style into the river below. Splash in the river, first shot! I made an adjustment to try hit a particular boulder in that river, it splashed closer. Then next adjustment puffed river sand on the surface of the boulder, it was a direct hit.

Muscle memory, proprioception, whatever, these NPE guns tend toward fixed barrel pistols and sub calibers that can potentially do such surprising stuff, with a single action trigger. Stuff that doesn't depend on sights.

I guess if you were E and E, you could slow your pursuers with your fixed barrel NPE. Long shot thought, I know.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 06-03-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Where does the Kimber fall in the weight/size category? Ive been looking at the Ruger LCR. I like the large Hogue grip; but the rubber grip doesn't seems like a good idea for a NPE gun.

I've had the 357 LCR since they launched. They were designed around the smaller, and less tacky, Crimson Trace grip. Mine has fired 300x 38 Spl as fast as two of us could reload six speed loaders and, without any failure. I run 140gr Leverevolution 357 because they are nice and pointy, for faster reloading.

In 357, despite the Hogue grip, any heavier bullet than that feels like its gonna permanently damage a bone somewhere in your palm. Of course, they are monunental challenge to shoot fast and accurate.

The trigger return spring is designed intentionaly weak (to keep pull weights down), so much so that dry fire feels retarded. However, recoil takes care of all that, in actuality.

Overall, I recommend them for their recoil absorbing design and materials. The web of the hand sits close to the bore axis and the polymer frame flexes like a Glock.

Crimson Trace would be a worthy addition, if you went LCR. It's reduced size makes drawing from a front pocket much faster, and perhaps they offer a green daytime laser.

At 17oz, unloaded, they are at the uttermost of what is comfortable for extensive pocket carry. One should think long and hard about that, and consider the 13oz 38 LCR. I wanted mine for wilderness use and increased ammo compatability, so I live with the dreaded extra 4oz.

At the time of purchase no push-button speedloaders were available, maybe they are now. The circumference of the cylinder is too small for 99% of speed loaders.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 06-03-2018 at 09:59 AM.

I think many are not getting what an NPE is.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This is like arguing about the best “prison shiv.” It’s a moot point, because (as stated earlier) in a true NPE, you will use what you can acquire.

My last trip to a certain central-American country, it was a Rossi .38 snubnose, borrowed from a guy who worked security at a bank.

No holster. No speed loader. No Hydra-shoks. Just a revolver loaded with rounds that were probably older than me...

But then again, beggars don’t get to be choosers.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy04 View Post
    This is like arguing about the best “prison shiv.” It’s a moot point, because (as stated earlier) in a true NPE, you will use what you can acquire...
    Well for most folks, the type of NPE that theyd be in most of the time, is a NY, CA, MD kinda place; and while not a NPE that would equal a Columbian prison with daily gang rapes, its still a serious life changing event if caught. So its far from moot

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Well for most folks, the type of NPE that theyd be in most of the time, is a NY, CA, MD kinda place; and while not a NPE that would equal a Columbian prison with daily gang rapes, its still a serious life changing event if caught. So its far from moot
    NONSENSE!

NY, CA, and whathaveyou are not true NPEs any more than a 51 sign in Texas is an NPE. So lets not make a sign, or a local law into more than it is.

Other than a metal detector, or a patdown, any place in the entire USA that would prefer you NOT be armed requests your compliance...which you can give or not give.

And in any of those places you can carry a normal quality normal caliber weapon of good quality ... not some silly derringer with a serial number filed off.

How about enough of some of these stupid ideas on warriortalk. What is next...a discussion on whether weaver stances and 1911s are better.

Enough already
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    That’s less than Permissive. It wouldn’t change the gun I carried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk