Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If nothing else, this really emphasizes how stupid open carry is for a civilian. I don’t see any good reason to advertise and provide a weapon of opportunity for a nut job, jihadist or criminal. Hopefully this will be a good wake up call for those that haven’t thought that through.

As to the officers, is it not possible to carry the hand gun in a more forward, appendix position? Whenever I see a policeman with his gun on his hip I can’t help but think it would be pretty easy for a bad guy to disarm him from behind. Sad to see that it happened here.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Thread Re-opened.

I just deleted a bunch of bovine defecation, not sure why I even bother to write and discuss stuff anymore, if you're not interested in educating yourself and expanding your thought process, do us all a favor and save the band width and keep your comments to yourself or start a different thread.

Last I checked this is Warrior Talk, not "Insert Witty Political Commentary Talk".

#adultlearning
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 05-30-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Re-Opened..... See above.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

This question is for you LE guys especially those in larger metro areas. In your dealings with contacts was or is it common to be interviewing someone and have many others pretty close by bustling past on their business? If there's only one of you is it conceivable for a determined adversary to close in behind you for the advantage? Do you try to back yourself to the wall, car, bldg, etc to maintain space? Looks like the officers were killed right near the street?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From what I understand of the incident the two cops killed were both female, the scumbag attacked both with a knife! That means the second to be attacked displayed a total lack of ability to recognise the attack create distance and instantly switch to a violent repsonse. In contrast a female officer on a train in Germany responded to a knife attack by an immigrant against another passenger then herself, and immediately shot him dead.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Watching the video shows why backpedaling isn't a good response, and why we tell students in FoF to never back up more than a couple steps at the most.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Quote Originally Posted by 3corners View Post
    From what I understand of the incident the two cops killed were both female, the scumbag attacked both with a knife! That means the second to be attacked displayed a total lack of ability to recognise the attack create distance and instantly switch to a violent repsonse. In contrast a female officer on a train in Germany responded to a knife attack by an immigrant against another passenger then herself, and immediately shot him dead.
    So both were very close together then? How the holy hell does that happen especially in a country having these things happening regularly???

Quote Originally Posted by AKICEMAN View Post
    So both were very close together then? How the holy hell does that happen especially in a country having these things happening regularly???

It happens when people get complacent and think "it won't happen here, now, on this pleasant street on a nice day...." or more likely don't think at all. They were probably talking about their kids or what they saw on tv last night or something silly. I'm not denigrating women, I'm denigrating armed apathy. They had guns, but lacked awareness and will.