Default THE 21 FOOT RULE IS FOR SISSIES

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Itís a bad thing to train distance and to rely on it. Itís dangerous to rely on space to keep you safe. I was training in an old section in the jail that was reopened and it was set up in a circle with a tower in the middle. This section was for lockdowns, guys waiting for prison sentences, violent offenders. 7 pods and the last one was the yard. Well, it dosnt have the same pleasures of safety the newer part of the Jail has. When you hand out towels and food itís hands on, get in there and do it, make sure there is no drama or people trying to get back in line. I was training with what I thought was one of the better guys in the jail, so I was learning a certain way. Well, we get to lunch on the fifth day or so and we started talking to the usual guy that works this perticular block about how he thought I was doing, and of coarse I asked for his input. He said that he thought I was not being cautious enough going into the cells and around the inmates. My trainer, stopped him right there and said, No, he is showing presents. He is different then you, the inmates know you are scared of them. Thatís bad. I had to chime in and mention that he hides behind the lunch cart in the hallway, what stops a guy from reaching over, or kicking the cart into and kicked my your ass? Nothing..... What I was getting at is relying on distance for safety all the time is bad because that is all you have in your kit. That dude was scared to be along side the inmates because he had no other tools and the inmates knew it.... Not exactly the same, but an story about ďsafeĒ distance..

Excellent. Wish I could have been there for that one!
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Next time someone mentions the 21 foot rule; just get them to demonstrate with you. Enjoy the confused look in their eye when you don’t stand still and wait for them.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle