Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Havenít checke Facebook yet but I hope you post this article there so I can share it. It needs the widest audience possible.
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

This article came across my news feed yesterday:

https://www.policeone.com/swat/artic...form=hootsuite

To save you all some time, the first quality the team commander wanted in his SWAT operators was de-escalation. Not courage, not controlled aggression, not the will to go through the door, de-escalation. I'm not sure if the Chief Deputy was trying to be clever or not with that, since we know that shooting a bad guy who's earned it in the face will immediately de-escalate a situation. I doubt it though, based on the statement that he didn't want people with a warrior mindset.

This comes from a systemic lack of will in our culture. As a society, we have lost the will to do things for ourselves, to accept responsibility, to look at a problem squarely and deal with it. We are truly on our own. At one of the Riddles of Steel that Keating used to run, the them was Be Trained or Be Chained. Having the will to train, to learn and get stronger gives us not just freedom, but liberty that those who willingly make themselves victims will never know.

It is times like this that I am especially grateful that I found WT.

Jim

ISA 6:8

We wanted hunters...not deescaltors. We wanted shooters and not negotiators. When we got there it was decided there would be shooting. It was just a matter of when and why.

The article should hammer home,that you are on your own.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Maybe time is coming for the warrior, I always thought I was outdated. Violence has always been a natural attribute.....

It's kind of interesting poking sheeps/liberals. Most can't/won't face the fact that bad things can and do happen. Not just violence but almost anything unpleasant to the point where it's almost comical. Talk about any kind of disaster and they cover their ears. I don't think it's just about guns and self-defense for a lot of liberals but rather that it represents responsibility. And responsibility terrifies them.

I thought negotiators were there to "de-escalate" things, and when that failed, SWAT went in to neutralize the threat. I hope the author isn't trying to make his SWAT team into some touchy-feely New Age group therapy exercise.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Oscar wrote:

It's kind of interesting poking sheeps/liberals. Most can't/won't face the fact that bad things can and do happen. Not just violence but almost anything unpleasant to the point where it's almost comical. Talk about any kind of disaster and they cover their ears. I don't think it's just about guns and self-defense for a lot of liberals but rather that it represents responsibility. And responsibility terrifies them.
    I noticed that too. At work, when we see the news about an active shooter, people just walk by and say "Oh, that's terrible" but they don't want to talk about it or even hear about it. But boy, they do have their solutions, always involving:

1. Banning guns
    2. Silencing free speech
    3. Impeaching Trump

Or some combination thereof.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Quote Originally Posted by uglydog03 View Post
    Locate , close with , and destroy the enemy through fire and maneuver . Repel the enemies attack through fire and close combat . THIS should be taught in schools - not Global Warming and Gay Marriage . Teach " The mission of the Marine Rifle Squad " and most of this will solve itself . My disgust for these people is too great for words .
    That would be amazing if we could bring this line of thought into schools, unfortunately, we get events like this where any and all, but specifically male, students willingly admit to hiding in a closet during the event

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I'm reading through the comments from the news articles I was sourcing information for the Santa Fe thread and it's unbelievable how these self-castrated, leftist, statist, pussies, feel that they are on some sort of moral high ground because they want to take away everyone's guns...

Moral high ground does not equal an elevated shooting position.
    Where we see elevated shooting positions and defilade they just see hills....... "F" 'em.....
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....