Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Might try it on the team room stairs at Gabe's this weekend
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    They couldn't find a cafeteria tray?
    Is Russia. Lunch tray rides you.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

I tried to find some stock photos that I could use to explain this better but I couldn't find any. I'll try to get some this weekend.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

What do you think of this: https://youtu.be/weajJ5Cw3x4

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    What do you think of this: https://youtu.be/weajJ5Cw3x4
    Things I liked. He hugged the wall and checked the overhead danger area.

Things I didn't like.

His tactics are built around a dominant side only approach. That particular scenario I would have been left handed the entire time. Part of the reason he had to change sides of the threshold was to reduce exposure from above while remaining right handed. Good idea but he lost some of the pie he had on the landing (he essentially gave up ground) in his search. If he had been left handed he could have held the pie he had and checked the overhead without re-crossing the fatal funnel.

The bifurcated scanning he was doing with the weapon independent of the head is terrible in my opinion, the gun goes where the eye goes, you can't shoot what you can't see. Again it would have been easier to transition between the two danger areas by running the gun leftie. Additionally the vertical scanning of the corner is pointless and slow as well as the constant going back and forth at each step between the danger areas. Check it, commit to the stairs, maybe check half way up and when you're almost at the landing pie the corner and let your peripheral vision pick up the overhead danger area.

Lastly, he was working the entire time with the weapon fully presented. Not only is it terrible for retention, if you watch his scans he could have taken the muzzle with his eyes far easier by laterally compressing the pistol than swinging fully extended arms the way he did. Additionally he's not using his body properly, he's a slave to his shooting platform/stance/grip. The weapons should float around the body and from hand to hand as needed, it's ok to lean or as I call it "roll out" to slice the pie as it limits the exposure of the rest of your body.

This looks like an older LEO method that is very slow and methodical, my problem with it is that you never build a smooth pace. It's all herky jerky and time consuming. If you don't have a security element speed is your security, you have to keep moving or you get bogged down, if you get bogged down you've just handed the initiative back to your adversary.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 05-30-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Greg...still waiting!!!
    Don't be scared be prepared!

If guns were outlaw only outlaws will have guns - NRA

Nothing happens until it happens!

Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by BERETTATIGER View Post
    Greg...still waiting!!!
    Calm down. 2 weeks ago I had class, last week I moved. I'll get something put together.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual