Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    I'm 52....I still can't outrun a dog.....getting better, as I have lost 42 lbs. so far.

I don't have a G26/43 my 17/19 are a little heavier than I want to wear for the run.
    Lol, yeah dude, only good way to carry it would be in your hand. Even like a camel back or something like that. I would go mountain bike riding and always bring my Glock.

I like the LCR for the reason you stated. But a stun gun does a great job of turning dogs (I've been told). Don't need to get close; they hate the sound.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

The LCR is sorta calling my name. Theres a shop in town that has the 3" model which has adjustable sights and the 2" FIXED sight model. The 2" makes more sense for what I want but I really like the better grip on the 3" model. I keep thinking I need a hybred 2" with the larger grips--maybe two.

I hadn't factored in the "rattle" that LawDog speaks about, yeah that would drive me crazy. I never noticed it on my 442; but then I probably need someone chasing me AND empty gun, to get me to run. Its just not in my fun category, hiking yes, biking yes, running noooo, not for fun.

The grip used on the 3" model will also fit the 2" versions. Its the Hogue grip #78030

I have two options for jogging/running/sprints- a 442 AIWB in a DeSantis Nemesis or a G43 AIWB in a JM Kydex "The George" w/ belt clip attachment. The 442 setup wins for comfort. The G43 has a slight edge in concealment for me, but only because I opt for the Hogue Tamer grip on my 442. And the G43 wins with respect to capacity and speed of reloads, of course.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I like the Hpg kit bag also. pic not of me.
    HPG-Snubby-Kit-Bag.jpg

I’ve been thinking that instead of a belly band, rig up velcro patch on an Inzer powerlifting singlet
    ~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"It is good to be strong, but better to know how to use it."
    - Jimmy H. Woo (Chin Siu Dek)

"Conquer we must; as Conquer we shall.
    - Sir Winston

Thank you for all info.
    Crush your enemies...

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    The LCR is sorta calling my name. Theres a shop in town that has the 3" model which has adjustable sights and the 2" FIXED sight model. The 2" makes more sense for what I want but I really like the better grip on the 3" model. I keep thinking I need a hybred 2" with the larger grips--maybe two.

I hadn't factored in the "rattle" that LawDog speaks about, yeah that would drive me crazy. I never noticed it on my 442;
    I have a LCRx and it has a pretty horrible rattle without any ammo in it.

https://youtu.be/-M6yfOkMdXs

I wanted a bigger grip, so I put a crimson trace laser grip on it.

I've carried my LCR front pocket over many hundreds of miles, maybe over thousands, and never had a rattle. I use Hornady Lever evolution 140grain for faster reloads with the pointed tip.

Remora in khakhi 511 academy shorts. I don't care that they make me. If the going gets tough a 4-C Maglite was made to be held by that caribiner strap (bezel up). Other front pocket has smart phone and 2 speed loaders in a sunglass bag.

Now that's all walking, running they may rattle. I don't know because the only running I do is sprints.

The only improvements I see are night sights and push release speed loader. Also, Crimson Trace grips. They are smaller so you can clear the pocket faster. Laser was designed in conjunction with the gun, so is awesome.

There is also a 22LR LCR, for practice. Trigger will need help on that one. And, I might add that the Remora hides very well in the small of back!

A friend and I fired 300 38 Special through the gun as fast as we could reload 6 speed loaders and shoot the gun. It's maybe shot another 1000 since then and hundreds prior to those 300. I haven't cleaned or lubed it at all since buying it second hand.

I'm impressed with it. Maybe some day I'll clean or oil it. Now, if I could just get rechargeable 4-C Lithium or adapters to the AA Lithium. Keep the flashlight lightweight.

Yeah, I know you should clean the chambers after 38s, before using 357. I don't feel any binding, or even slowing, in the cylinder. When I feel that I'll clean and oil the gun. I may have oiled or cleaned it at some point but don't remember doing so. I remember wanting to see how much it can take.

Anyhow, one tough gun! That could use being 4oz lighter. And that is how I carried it, with great results. Of course, you need at least a three stitch 1 and 1/2 inch gun belt.

Flashlight bezel down in the flashlight pocket, grip ring up.A fixed blade somewhere in the mix. Eye protection. Flip flops carried in one hand, ready to be thrown at deserving cars or dogs. That try to drive near to you in the crosswalk at night.

For walking IMO one should be developing barefoot capability, like Shaka's Impis. Especially if part of the walk is on the beach. For the rest runninglights are necessary to avoid injury. Have that mode on your tactical light.

Walking tactical light in hand is great idea, and a light color, so as not to be mistaken for a weapon, is better. Mostly I palm it, and suggest that for running too.

Yeah it childish to throw slop at a car that feigned running you down. Stops me throwing the tactical light though. Although, I did that once and made a hole in their windshield, low, beside the drivers A pillar.

Wife and I were in pedestrian crossing at night, flashlight on and four elderlies were going down the road in their lounge on wheels. Whoever was driving forgot it was their turn, and they were driving. 200 lumens in the eyes didn't help them realize so there you have it.

Some cussing, some shocked looks. Some riot act, more shocked looks. Life goes on.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 10-12-2018 at 10:01 AM.