Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    It has been a great class so far. Small group. Lots of support. Students are on point (No Barneys). Very warm, need to work to stay hydrated.

Slightly different format than before. Gabe moves some of the blocks of instruction around compared to when I took the class previously in 2016. Same great content, but the reorganization improved the course so far (Day 1 was all fundamentals and proactive v. jumping back and forth between proactive and reactive. Pace has been excellent.

I really look forward to tomorrow.
    “How can I shoot people? Shooting people is easy. It is the simple application of the fundamentals of marksmanship. The hard part is ensuring that I have the physical strength to prevail, the moral strength to know when it is right to kill, and the mental strength to articulate the aftermath such that I maintain my freedom while they experience what comes next in the afterlife.”

Awesome class, so far. I've learned a ton... and it's only day one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNobody View Post
    It has been a great class so far. Small group. Lots of support. Students are on point (No Barneys). Very warm, need to work to stay hydrated.

Slightly different format than before. Gabe moves some of the blocks of instruction around compared to when I took the class previously in 2016. Same great content, but the reorganization improved the course so far (Day 1 was all fundamentals and proactive v. jumping back and forth between proactive and reactive. Pace has been excellent.

I really look forward to tomorrow.
    Sounds awesome. Wish I was there.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

I just got finished transferring notes from my range pad to my training journal. 4 pages of notes so far, and like Chris said, we covered fundamentals today. I'm certain the other 2 days will bring many new concepts and many more great notes to journal.

"Skill gives you a position of power" WOW!
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Day 2 was great as well. Started with proactive shooting at distance (75 and 100 yards). Spent the bulk of the day working reactive shooting and movement angles. Ended the day with the “diagonal lines” kata. That was a new add for me and it did a great job of tying movement s together and gave everyone something succinct to work on at home. It was an outstanding add to the class.
    “How can I shoot people? Shooting people is easy. It is the simple application of the fundamentals of marksmanship. The hard part is ensuring that I have the physical strength to prevail, the moral strength to know when it is right to kill, and the mental strength to articulate the aftermath such that I maintain my freedom while they experience what comes next in the afterlife.”

It is a great class makeup, the instruction suburb, and support has been top notch. It has been my first exposure to instructor Gerald Bailey and he is a wonderful addition to the SI tribe. He adds a lot of information and "character" to the class. I have to echo Chris's comments about the addition of the "diagonal line " kata to the end of today. I had seen the video, but going through the kata a few times under Gabe's tutelage was enlightening. It does condense down all the reactive movement we had been working on for most of the day. It will help my continuation of training after the class.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

I agree with everything you both said.
    It's going to take a while to absorb everything and we're only 2/3 done! 5 1/2 pages of notes today. Compared to other places I've trained it's a considerable amount of information.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Day 3 ended strong.

It was great to train with you all and to Gabe and crew, thank you for all you did to help and make this a great class.

So much good could be said of not only this class (Red Dot Pistol) but also the way it's taught, ran and put together.

I've been to several classes in the last 10+ years. Many of them claim to be "fighting classes", none of them take the approach SI does. From the moving and shooting, after action assessment, and the Pistol Kata, I don't know of any instructor or school teaching a complete system like this.
    I've said this before, there is something special about SI and this class definitely solidified that opinion for me.

Wish I could have gone! But alas I had to make $$ to pay for the upcoming I&IM and FoF classes. I flew over and thought of you guys though! Haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."