Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like Johnny and the find it pretty cool they’re showing the good and bad of both men.

Speaking of karate, did anyone else see Lyoto Machida front snap kick Vitor Belfort in the face last night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

Owner of Ray's Pawnshop in Bridge City TX

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Johnny: "An enemy deserves no mercy...what is the problem Mr. Diaz?"

Miguel (takes a puff from his asthma inhaler): "No problem sensei. You..you punched me and I have asthma, so..."

Johnny (throws asthma inhaler against the wall): "Not anymore! We do not allow weakness in this dojo! So you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and all that other made up bullshit outside, is that understood?"

LMFAO!!! I'm loving it!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

I'm on episode 4. Danial-san turned out to be... quite a bit more weak-minded than I would have expected. What I mean is that he always lets his adversaries get under his skin. He's so easily provoked, that it's hard to take him seriously. I know he has some legitimate skill, but he carries and presents himself to the world like a nervous, yapping dog. I just can't make myself like his character.

Johnny's got some issues to be sure, and he doesn't always handle things very well. At other times, he's a straight up jackass. But he carries himself like a man, and owns the mistakes he makes like a man.

Danny may have turned out to be the successful CEO with all the money, and the big family, and lots of friends, but JOHNNY is the one I respect.

Besides, despite all of Danny's success, not a single person in his life actually respects him. His wife patronizes him, his daughter doesn't care what he has to say, his son is a little entitled bastard who treats him like a servant, his subordinates who work for him condescend to him, and his competition treat him like a joke.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    I like Johnny and the find it pretty cool they’re showing the good and bad of both men.

Speaking of karate, did anyone else see Lyoto Machida front snap kick Vitor Belfort in the face last night?

Boy did I. I remember my instructor often saying, “simple is often times the most effective.” Not that I always listened.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1976 View Post
    Johnny: "An enemy deserves no mercy...what is the problem Mr. Diaz?"

Miguel (takes a puff from his asthma inhaler): "No problem sensei. You..you punched me and I have asthma, so..."

Johnny (throws asthma inhaler against the wall): "Not anymore! We do not allow weakness in this dojo! So you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and all that other made up bullshit outside, is that understood?"

LMFAO!!! I'm loving it!
    THIS. I am still laughing at it and telling everyone I can about that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

Pretty funny spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshi612 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

Pretty funny spin on things.
    Yep and Luke Skywalker was a terrorist too ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

"The Demon-Sorcerer Miyagi."

Witch on, witch off.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

I remember talking about the Karate Kid movie at the dojo when I was a kid. We mocked it pretty hard before it came out and all there was to go by was a poster showing a kid doing a stupid crane pose on the beach.

My expectations were so low that when I actually saw the movie, I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, there was a lot I didn't like, but compared to how bad I thought it would be...I walked out of the theater thinking "ok that wasn't so bad". (Why I even went in the first place, I don't remember)

I had no interest in watching the new series, but this thread made me look. Have to admit I actually enjoyed watching a couple episodes.

The one thing I really liked about the original movie was the whole "wax on, wax off" training method. I don't train my students that way, but I though it worked for the movie and it made a good point...condition your body to move a certain way, then you will do it naturally without thinking when you need to. thumbs up.

But I also enjoyed it when the kid asks Johnny "how do you want me to clean the window?" and he just says "whatever way is easiest!" Made me laugh.

It was a cheesy movie and it's a cheesy show, but I'll say it's amusing and entertaining. And who here can disagree with the message: "Don't be such a p*ssy"
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Loved the series, bought "Red" just so I could watch it but haven't cancelled because the lack of commercials is kind of nice.

I like the (sort of) realism they added to the character. You don't have a "good guy" and a "bad guy", just a couple of guys that can be alright AND can be a douche. I liked how it showed the sitch from the antagonist's perspective because most folks think they are in the right even when they are absolutely opposed to someone who thinks they ARE. Excited about season 2.