Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default AR pistol or Stakeout?

Hey all, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, please don`t hesitate to move if it is!

I`m in the market for a new backpack gun.

My job brings me anywhere within the WA/ID/OR area, but mostly sticking to Western WA. My position on my team involves a backpack carrying a toolbag, water, food and sometimes a change of clothes. I`m wanting a bigger gun though, and so my options have been brought down to a TAC14 or AR PDW.

The job involves a lot of work indoors and around vehicles, I`m already setup for 5.56 and 12 gauge, with AR mags and ammo.

For indoors work, which would you choose?
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

A 12 ga is all but guaranteed death. We all like rifles...but shotguns kill better...and for CQB...indoors...the 12 rules.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Stakeout, no question.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

I`ve been leaning towards rolling a 12. Glad to hear I`ve got the boyz behind me, hah.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Stakeout brother. Get your own death machine.

A better definition of the areas and uses would be appreciated. Any large quadrupeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    A better definition of the areas and uses would be appreciated. Any large quadrupeds?

Some, but for the overwhelmingly vast majority of the time I`m indoors. Areas range from exceedingly rural to major cities to million dollar mansions. Almost literally anywhere.
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb

Indoors? Shotgun.

As was said earlier, good to hear those more knowledgeable have the same thoughts as I do.
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb

Indoors = Pistol length shots. The shotgun is the king of the pistol fight.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities