Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    When I don't know anyone personally, I tend to recommend Goju-Ryu. Typically they haven't been Japanified and usually the quality is higher, IMHO, but everything depends. You'll have to vet for yourself.
    Thanks for the responses guys. I do appreciate the help.

Yes Brent, I’ve heard of that style and am definitely interested. Honestly, I’d be happy to find any style of Karate that focuses more on the streets (as opposed to the Japanese styles that tend to prepare students for tournaments). I was a high school wrestler and have trained MMA/BJJ since then. Great skills to learn, but I feel they are too focused on one-on-one competition in the ring. I’m looking for a system that tries to cover the total problem (weapons, multiple attackers, etc.), and is more geared toward street survival as opposed to scoring points in a match.

Come to think of it, Chad may be onto something. Maybe we’ll just start our own Fight Club... :-)
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy04 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. I do appreciate the help.

Yes Brent, I’ve heard of that style and am definitely interested. Honestly, I’d be happy to find any style of Karate that focuses more on the streets (as opposed to the Japanese styles that tend to prepare students for tournaments). I was a high school wrestler and have trained MMA/BJJ since then. Great skills to learn, but I feel they are too focused on one-on-one competition in the ring. I’m looking for a system that tries to cover the total problem (weapons, multiple attackers, etc.), and is more geared toward street survival as opposed to scoring points in a match.

Come to think of it, Chad may be onto something. Maybe we’ll just start our own Fight Club... :-)
    If we both stay, you never know....

First rule of fight club....