Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    1. I think this story is BS, or at the very least, highly embellished.

2. If true, I bet these two retards would not have tried this on someone who looked like one of us. I don't know what he looks like, but he sounds mentally and emotionally weak, and from that, its a safe bet that he looks like it too. I doubt they would have "attempted to disarm" a couple of guys that looked like Gabe, Greg, etc. Vikings tend to be left alone by assholes.

3. This situation sounds like an excellent one for the articulation excercise, because it's such a weird incident.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Screw both these sissy clowns.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Lets turn this into a learning point ASSSUMING the story is correct--How would you respond?

Is this a shooting incident?

Are BOTH of the leftist threats? Are they BOTH "owed" a physical response?

Is actually/pointing drawing the weapon and the leftist a good response?

Physical hands on punch/fight?

Just leave?

Remember to factor in witnesses. What did they see; not just the Bro-friend; but the other customers? What will THEY say to the police?

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Lets turn this into a learning point ASSSUMING the story is correct--How would you respond?

Is this a shooting incident?

Are BOTH of the leftist threats? Are they BOTH "owed" a physical response?

Is actually/pointing drawing the weapon and the leftist a good response?

Physical hands on punch/fight?

Just leave?

Remember to factor in witnesses. What did they see; not just the Bro-friend; but the other customers? What will THEY say to the police?
    For starters.....open carry in town is stupid, for obvious reasons. But for the sake of the mental exercise lets say my weapon became briefly exposed and a situation like this began to unfold.....

Maybe begin by loudly announcing "call the police they're trying to rob me!" For the benefit of others in the store. This would be said while jumping to my feet and covering the weapon against a grab and delivering a face/throat strike to the closest of the snowflakes. My guess is that their enthusiasm for disarming me would be replaced with a desire to exit the scene as quickly as possible. If not.... then I would draw my weapon after gaining distance/position with the strike(s). That is assuming they were themselves unarmed. If they displayed ANYTHING resembling a weapon (knife,sap,mag light), then I would draw at the initial contact while yelling at them to "drop the weapon!" again for the benefit of witnesses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emtdaddy1980 View Post
    For starters.....open carry in town is stupid, for obvious reasons. But for the sake of the mental exercise lets say my weapon became briefly exposed and a situation like this began to unfold.....

Maybe begin by loudly announcing "call the police they're trying to rob me!" For the benefit of others in the store. This would be said while jumping to my feet and covering the weapon against a grab and delivering a face/throat strike to the closest of the snowflakes. My guess is that their enthusiasm for disarming me would be replaced with a desire to exit the scene as quickly as possible. If not.... then I would draw my weapon after gaining distance/position with the strike(s). That is assuming they were themselves unarmed. If they displayed ANYTHING resembling a weapon (knife,sap,mag light), then I would draw at the initial contact while yelling at them to "drop the weapon!" again for the benefit of witnesses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Haha! I did this very same thing while working at a video rental store during college (in the 80s). A "friend" of the owners would come in and bully the staff all the time, let his kids run wild and hog time at the cash register while other customers suffered. I was working there one night when he was in full form and had the owner's daughter all flustered with the old "Hey, give me back my twenty, let me give you a ten and two fives" scam. There were more than half a dozen paying customers in line behind this fatass, so I stepped in and said, "Sir, I'm going to set your purchases aside and wait on these other customers while you and your kids make up your minds on what you want." He got all hot and bothered and said something to the effect of "Boy, I'm gonna kick your ass, you mess with me!" I played dumb -- which is easy for me to do -- and said, "Say what?" He repeated the threat, egged on by his kids, the little shits. "You heard me. I'll kick your ass if you smart off to me!"

The owner's daughter was in complete shock/sheep mode, apologizing for my remarks and offering him anything he wanted. Which was his whole modus operandi, of course. I ignored her, stepped behind the cash register and pulled out the drawer and shoved it across the counter to the bully. I then hollered "Please, don't hurt us! Please, just the money and leave! Don't hurt us! Help! Somebody call the police! Help, he's gonna kick my ass!" Or something similar. It's been so long, but that's the essence of it.

Anywho, the bully got all confused and red-faced when he saw what I was doing. He stared down at the cash tray and then back up at me, then started spitting out something like, "Hey, that's not ... I didn't ... I'm not ... that's not what I meant ...." He looked around like he didn't know what to do, and after a few seconds he just turned around and left. His kids all shut up the instant I said "police" and they waddled off after him.

Some of the other customers started laughing when they heard me go into my dramatics. They got it. They'd seen this guy making a fool of himself and taking up our time at the register. A few had run ins with him before. My boss tried chewing my ass about it the next day, saying "He's a friend of ours." My reply was, "He's not your friend. He's a bully, he's been pushing around the staff and your daughter and stealing from you. I did you a favor." I didn't get fired, which was no big deal either way. It was a video tape rental store -- and you know where those all are now -- and I had other, much greater opportunities on the horizon.

I never saw that guy again. My prediction is that by now is that his kids grew up to be just like him, stuck his fatass in a home soon as they could force him into it and he's stuck there under supervision without a friend in the world. Yeah, I know, he's probably retired from his multi-million $$ corporation, but I can dream.

Anyway, I like the way you're thinkin', emtdaddy. A guy tells me he's taking my gun, concealed or not -- if he's not a cop he's a criminal. I may not play the victim like I did thirty some years ago, though; at my age and experience, I'll probably not utter a word of warning. Remember that line, Don't pick a fight with an old man; you'll probably get shot* because he's too tired to fight you.

*P.S. Add to that, or stabbed. Jus' sayin' ....
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 05-14-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I agree with what others have said. First, I wouldn't open carry, but assuming I was and that I was in this situation...

First, Soy-Boy screwed up when he initially noticed the two anti-gun idiots pacing about the store looking at him. If I saw suspicious behavior like that, I would not be sitting in my chair ignoring it. Second, when they approached me I would not remain sitting. I would be standing, shielding my firearm and positioning myself for the advantage. Third, I would tell him "If you're law enforcement, show me some ID. If not, fuck off." When the two idiots started making demands, I'd announce to my friend in a loud voice - "Call 911, these guys are threatening me." and my hand would be on the gun ready to draw. I'd announce loudly - "You're not stealing my gun from me!" so that others would hear. If he went for the gun, he'd lose an eye or something, depending on distance and circumstances.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu