Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western WA
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Little back ground IIRC on Zimmerman. He is a type of wannabee that I have run into now and then. Such as he are very interested in criminal justice and even take courses in it. They uniformly apply for LEO positions and are rejected. Do not get decent jobs and often are wimps. The local PDs will not take them and they likely flunk due to the images they present. Poor fellow does not have common sense.

    Couldn't resist...
    Capture.JPG
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

    Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    43,096
    Yes....if only we had ONE....JUST ONE.....
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    The he should move crowd, are the same types that tell folks in NPE zones to just move. Yeah I know many of you have moved; but how many dropped family, job, house, friends, EVERYTHING and "just moved"? I suspect at least some (most) of those who actually did move, did it when life (family, job, etc) circumstances changed; maybe I'm wrong....
    I did from IA to AZ almost 2.5 years ago.. Don't regret it one bit. The only reason most don't is for one reason, FEAR.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    43,096
    FEAR...the original "F-bomb" that blows up dreams of freedom.
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I did from IA to AZ almost 2.5 years ago.. Don't regret it one bit. The only reason most don't is for one reason, FEAR.
    Since May of 2008 I've lived on three continents (US, Asia, Australia) and three US states (California, Missouri, Colorado). I was >< this close to moving to Amsterdam in 2015 (didn't get the job).

    This is 2018, it's almost as easy to talk to someone on the other side of the planet as it is to talk to someone across town.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Made it to Free America
    Posts
    12,767
    To you guys that did "just move", the ones simply that quit jobs with years invested in pensions, leaving families, leaving good connections and set out to places unknow to start completely over, finding new jobs et'al my congratulations and admiration. As for me, I must be weaker; because it took a few major life events to finally get me to do it and still it took months to find the right place, far enough but not too far etc. Could I have moved sooner-sure; but it was more than fear that kept me locked here, yep in retrospect maybe some fear and maybe some loyalty to family and responsibilities.

    Call it what you will but it wasn't only fear

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    43,096
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    To you guys that did "just move", the ones simply that quit jobs with years invested in pensions, leaving families, leaving good connections and set out to places unknow to start completely over, finding new jobs et'al my congratulations and admiration. As for me, I must be weaker; because it took a few major life events to finally get me to do it and still it took months to find the right place, far enough but not too far etc. Could I have moved sooner-sure; but it was more than fear that kept me locked here, yep in retrospect maybe some fear and maybe some loyalty to family and responsibilities.

    Call it what you will but it wasn't only fear
    Are we still talking about Zimmerman?
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,854
    If you always wait for conditions to be perfect before you act, you'll never act. This goes for gunfights, business, exercise, training. It's a universal success principal. Make a decision then back it with action.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    If you always wait for conditions to be perfect before you act, you'll never act. This goes for gunfights, business, exercise, training. It's a universal success principal. Make a decision then back it with action.
    Heh I had a perfect condition for leaving CA- when I was old enough for a CCW permit in another state.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    43,096
    Are we done with this silly thread?

    Good.
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •