Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    And, I'm reminded that every time a pistol malfunctions at the range, I find myself looking at the chamber to see what's going on, before I take action. Not good. Bad habits = bad performance.
    Pistol Kata will program the right habits. There is only a proactive reload in the kata, but after you are comfortable with the footwork, you can add press and tap rack as you go through each leg of the template.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I had a student have a failure to extract, the brass had to be pounded out. Must have been a bad round (remanufactured ammo). Since he was using an XDm (internal extractor), he was SOL. And I've had a striker break in a Glock, so I carry two Glocks.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    And I've had a striker break in a Glock, so I carry two Glocks.
    Was this a Glock you had bought new? Factory original striker? How old and how many rounds through it? Which model?

Quote Originally Posted by Survivor52 View Post
    Was this a Glock you had bought new? Factory original striker? How old and how many rounds through it? Which model?
    Suarez Glock 19, aftermarket striker (it was steel but it must've been a bad one), thousands of rounds. I run Suarez strikers now. If you look around, it is not unheard of for the Glock OEM MIM striker tip to break.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

The only troubles I have had with any of my guns was 1911 magazines. I guess I have been lucky....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Nice pull at the end of the video.

The less cognitive energy we spend on diagnosing and fixing problems the more time we spend mentally "in the fight" and the less time we spend diagnosing and fixing the malfunction. In a 5 second close range encounter you simply don't have 4 seconds to diagnose and fix a malfunction.

Now if you have cover and distance (think Military rifle fights vs CQB or street crime) you might be able to take the time to diagnose...but all that time you are focused on fixing the weapon in your hands is time taken away from fixing the initial problem of guy who is shooting at you.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    Now if you have cover and distance (think Military rifle fights vs CQB or street crime) you might be able to take the time to diagnose...but all that time you are focused on fixing the weapon in your hands is time taken away from fixing the initial problem of guy who is shooting at you.
    Add to that that if you're working with more than just yourself you stall the momentum of your fire and maneuver which is putting the rest of your team at risk the same as CQB.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities