Default YOUR PISTOL STOPS WORKING DURING THE FIGHT!!

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe, outstanding. Thank you for the video. As long-time student of another gun school, I was taught and trained in the "diagnostic" approach to clearing reactive malfunctions.

When I took your class last November, you proved to me the beauty and simplicity of your methods by blind-folding me, and having me clear multiple malfunctions that you set up. I used your method (having just been taught it seconds before).

Your method was fast, easy to learn, and uncomplicated to perform. It worked flawlessly at fixing the gun and getting back in the fight without thinking, hesitating, or trying to diagnose the problem. Even blind-folded (no light situation). I believe it is a superior method.

In class, I think you also mentioned that another option was to go straight to reloading the gun (strip, insert, rack).

I am wrestling with one aspect of the method:

In doing live fire scenarios and drills, I can often feel, hear, or sense when I have run the gun dry, without stopping, looking or diagnosing (other than pressing the trigger and not getting a bang). I find that I immediately transition to strip, insert, rack.

Do you think that I am "kidding myself" and would never sense an empty gun in real life, during a real gun fight? Should it always be tap, rack, flip first?

In addition, this is most commonly in some type of situation where you have been firing a lot of rounds and suddenly, no bang. Does it make sense to go straight to strip, insert, rack when you have been shooting a lot of rounds and you get a malfunction?

Thanks for the input.

So that really does clear the double feed? No remove mag, rack, rack, put new mag in. Got to try next time at the range.

Sensing the gun on the range and the mental multi tasking in the fight are vastly different. I saw a pistol champion go in foot pursuit of an armed robber with his slide locked back empty....apparently his sensing was off when the "stage" involved getting shot at.

I suggest doing exactly what I suggest in the video.
    Gabe Suarez

I blindfolded a guy in class and gave him malfunctioned pistols to clear using this method.
    Gabe Suarez

Simple, it’s the same way you unload and reload your guns. Really, there is hardly any thought process. I like it, I am pretty sure we did this before. This is the way I was doing them because I figured, the longer I fooled around and the more complicated things get, the more times I will get shot at. It makes since.