Default Did SIG Discontinue the P290RS?

I just went to the SIG website looking for information about the SIG P290RS to send a link to a friend, and found that the P290RS is no longer listed on their website.

This is too bad because I really like the one that I bought from SI. My only complaints about this pistol are that the mags are expensive and that rounds fall off from the mag when mag is loosely carried in a pocket. But using a good quality mag carrier solves this problem.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Another reason why Glock has the lion's share of the market and will keep it is that SIG and S&W make a habit out of introducing and discontinuing stuff like a male slut changes girlfriends. The SIG P290 is so much better at the niche than the SIG 365...but who cares what i think.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

People made fun of the Springfield XD-E, but the niche for that pistol actually does make sense.

No doubt that Sig has better execution, and don’t get me started on that grip zone nonsense. But the idea behind the pistol has merit.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Biggest problem with the XD seems to be in large the market that buys XD. Same can be said for Mossberg and Ruger. If HK had brought it out, I suppose that would not be the case.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Agree.

I have an XDS and actually really like it, but totally agree with the assessment of the customer demographic.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The SIG P290 is so much better at the niche than the SIG 365...but who cares what i think.
    I agree wholeheartedly. But many on the interweave are having orgasms over the P365 without even having held one in their hands and never having even looked at the P290RS. But if the internet likes it, it must be the best handgun known to man, Right?!?!? Never mind the failures that are being reported.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson