Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holsters for the 290? And where to get gunfighter or guttedsnipes for g19?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The SIG P290 is so much better at the niche than the SIG 365...
    I have never handled, let alone fired the P290, and I never really looked into that model before. I own, and occasionally carry a Sig P365 (which I bought from SI) and it has been flawless so far. Honest question - What makes the P290 so much better?
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

Quote Originally Posted by blastjv View Post
    I have never handled, let alone fired the P290, and I never really looked into that model before. I own, and occasionally carry a Sig P365 (which I bought from SI) and it has been flawless so far. Honest question - What makes the P290 so much better?
    The Sig 290 RS is a true double action giving you many more carry options than a striker fired weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Oh, I didn't realize that (assumed it was striker fired at first glance). I can see how that changes it's usefulness.
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

I purchased a used 290 from Gabe a couple of years ago and love it.

With a G19 AIWB, the 290 slips into my waistband at the 7 o’clock position as a BUG and the 9-ish pound, long-travel trigger lets me do that. While not ambidextrous I do have some strong left-handed tendencies and can run it left handed from the 7 o’clock position if needed, so it serves me well there. During the winter months it goes into one of the pockets of my outer coat, right-side if I’m driving, left otherwise.

Although tasked as a bad-breath distance gun I’ve been impressed with it’s accuracy, but it took a lot of dry-firing to utilize it.

My one complaint is the same as the OP’s and that is a spare mag floating in a pocket will relieve itself of all but 2 or 3 rounds in short order.

It’s too bad the good idea fairies decided to discontinue it.

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a good choice in that size.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    The CZ 2075 RAMI is a good choice in that size.
    The RAMI is a great little gun, but its width puts it more in the G26 niche. It’s also a hefty little sucker, half again the weight of the P290.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Agree.

I have an XDS and actually really like it, but totally agree with the assessment of the customer demographic.
    I have an XDs in .45 and I like it also. Also, I have an XD9 with several thousand rounds through it. I've carried it often and used it as a loaner gun during my nine years of teaching concealed carry classes, and it has never had a malfunction. I love my Glocks (I've owned a a 19, 22, 26, 27, and 30) but I've had more malfunctions with them than the XD. Mine is a darn good gun!
    Warrior55

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."
    -George Orwell

This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
    -Adolph Hitler, 1935

I bought a 365 because it holds a bunch of rounds for its size. I have carried a few times in the last year. Not a bad weapon, but not thrilled about it. Magazines are expensive, and I just prefer the Glock platform.