Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mine...I don't please people so they give me money...I do what I do and really don't give a shit if it pleases you or not. I will bet you that if you displeased your wonderful chief sufficiently, you would either have been fired or been working morning watch property room. Want to know who any business wants to please...those who spend money...not the cheap motherf*ckers who spend nothing and then pontificate that they had been "displeased and thus didn't spend any money". F*ck the debate. I'd rather have 1000 liberals as customers that spend $1000 than 1000 snakeflaggers that want to get $1000 worth of stuff for $10 - because of some lofty "cause". Money talks and bullshit walks...

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I'm not a business owner. I don't have to feed my family by my company profits, so I get the motivation to want to please everybody, hoping they give you money. It just that as a customer I find that you pleasing Them says FU to Me, especially with Left/Right issues. Wanna please the crowd, wanna go with this is how the community feels, OK; but youll loose part of the community.

Remember the story of the guy who wore a blue shirt and gray pants during the Civil War. When the North saw him they shot him in his gray pants and when the South saw him they shot him in his Blue shirt.... Theres no staying out of the debate, not for the long haul.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by UNO View Post
    I think this is the #1 misconception I continue to see that causes people such angst regarding work. ESPECIALLY among younger people. They feel that they are "insert whatever", and so that "insert solid pay, great benefits, future growth predicted" career "wouldn't work for them". It's like they feel like being excellent at your job is somehow tied to fitting in the box they associate with their job, as a person. It's why we have, in part, so many graphics arts designers with 4 years of college waiting tables and doing small projects on the cheap for friends, just like they were before college, because they ignored solid growth indicators among other professions that would have allowed them much more latitude with every aspect of life...that their employer didn't dictate.

As you found out, OP, you're exactly what your boss tells you to be/lets you be, when you're at work. Good luck to ANYONE having a full career where that aligns with who they see themselves as.
    Yep, people find it odd that I'm a manager at a large financial institution after being around me off hours, hell I've even been told by people they were surprised that I wasn't a button man for the CIA.
    Who I am wouldn't be supported where I make my living, that's why I teach, Train, and associate with the people I do.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I've even been told by people they were surprised that I wasn't a button man for the CIA. .
    Part time work doesn't count....
    Gabe Suarez

I think the message is clear and Iíve been on board this whole time. Iím keeping my eye on the prize.... and thatís to add value and sell this company at a 8 multiple... no matter what it takes.

I literally donít care what the bubbas of the world think of my 2A beliefs.... I have my guns... Iíll continue to keep my guns....my children will continue to have the guns....I donít have an obligation to protect the Mosin Nagant, $400 AR w/no optics, Crocs wearing idiots rights.... in the mean time, Iíll sell my wares as needed and live gloriously Bon Vivant.

Do what's right even when it's not right. Own the decision and articulate it. The remainder is mental masturbation.

Be an adault or let others make your decisions. Are you a grown person or a child?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Not in the Ping Pong Mood
    Gabe Suarez