Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The more I research this idea , the less I like it. My original thinking was that the 40mos would be a simple addition to add an auto to my hunting handgun kit. I'll keep my eyes open for a used 40 , then I can have it done up right. For my purpose I would really want the 6 inch and long slide....until then I'll stick with my wheel guns for hunting. I've had my eye on the BFR also and that will accept any optic straight out of the box. I'm pushing 50 and the eyes aren't what they once were. Thank you all for the sound advice..... Karl

Am I remembering wrong or did SI have a way to fix the MOS slides?
    I’d give them a call and ask. Short of that, I’d just get a regular G20 and have SI mill it rather than getting a wheel gun. I don’t suppose an extra inch of barrel on a handgun will make as much difference to a bear as an extra 10 rounds would.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    Am I remembering wrong or did SI have a way to fix the MOS slides?
    I’d give them a call and ask. Short of that, I’d just get a regular G20 and have SI mill it rather than getting a wheel gun. I don’t suppose an extra inch of barrel on a handgun will make as much difference to a bear as an extra 10 rounds would.
    we do "fix" the MOS slide, however the fix is a solution to a problem that should have never occurred. it leaves the dovetail open, which while a better mounting solution, still does not compare to a properly milled slide

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI