Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yesterday, I took my new Guttersnipe out for live fire testing, along with a basic G19, a G19 with RMR, and a G17 with RMR. I cannot compare it to a factory Glock. Instead, I see significant contrasts between the new-improved pistol.

20180426_152842.jpg

I have put off texture upgrade to Glocks for a long time. "Oh, I don't need to do that". What a mistake on my part. I am a private individual, so I can do what I want. The new texture provides a positive interface between hand and grip. I have a bad habit of squeezing the slick factory grip too hard. I think this new texture will help me solve that problem. Cutting the G17 grip to G19 length is said to improve balance and handling. I do think that is an accurate idea.

A surprise with this texture is that my support hand thumb has a more tactile index point. This should make my grip more consistent.

While this was a great experience, yesterday's late spring weather of 64 and 30% humidity was most benign. The new texture will be more valuable to me once the sweltering Gulf Coast summer conditions arrive. Later, I tested this texture while wearing gloves. Definitely solid.

Another fallacy of the factory "perfection" is the trigger guard. I guess Austrians have unusual fingers, but I have always lightly sanded this area to round over the edges. The Guttersnipe is far superior because the larger arc of the radius gives me a higher and more comfortable grip. The relief under the trigger guard for the support hand index finger adds to the improvement of my grip.

The latest SI trigger is a joy to use, crisp and smooth.

I thought I had the good stuff with a couple of Aquaterra slides. They now look kind of plain when comparing with the new Suprmatch slide. The NP3 finish is less shiny, but still lustrous.

My overall impression: The workmanship and appearance is definitely pleasing to the eye. The improved interface with my hands is giving me increased confidence. I am sure I will have to send another Glock or two for the treatment. How soon depends on how soon i can finally convert my wife to RMR Glocks. If not, more for me!
    Last edited by Popshot; 04-27-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9